jack stand loacking up Log Out | Topics | Search | Register | Edit Profile | User List
Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Moderators | Help/Instructions
WakeWorld Discussion Board » >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive » Archive through July 28, 2009 » jack stand loacking up « Previous Next »
By UncleJessie (unclejessie) on Monday, June 29, 2009 - 7:05 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Have any of you had your jack stands lock up? I greesed the gearing on top but it still is really, really hard to crank. Are you supposed to greese it somewhere else?

-Uj

By jay (ironj32) on Monday, June 29, 2009 - 7:14 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
i spread grease on the entire pole, as well as on top gearing assemble. also, there should be a little hole close to the top of the stand (but below the gears)...pump a bunch of grease in there and you will notice a ton of improvement in the ease of raising/lowering your trailer.

By UncleJessie (unclejessie) on Monday, June 29, 2009 - 7:32 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Thanks. I will try it tonight.

By jay (ironj32) on Monday, June 29, 2009 - 7:42 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
if you only have enough grease to do one, i would focus in squirting it in that little hole...i found the most improvement there. also, i would not try to force the stand up or down by cranking really hard...I've broken two stands doing that (this was before i knew about the grease hole).

By UncleJessie (unclejessie) on Monday, June 29, 2009 - 8:04 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Once I greese it, I have to crank it all the way down and then back up a few times though, right?

I thought it was going to fail on me last night. The stand went from a little tight to almost seizing in about 3 trips to the water. My old boat's jack stand did the same thing, so instead of buying a new one, I figured there must be somewhere else to greese it. I thought the shaft, but that didn't seem right... I have a ton of greese, so i will fill up the hole you describe.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions Administration
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
WakeSpace is owned by eWake, Inc.
Copyright © 1996 - 2010, All Rights Reserved.
WakeSpace@WakeWorld.com