Cracked heater coil on Supra 21V Log Out | Topics | Search | Register | Edit Profile | User List
Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Moderators | Help/Instructions
WakeWorld Discussion Board » >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive » Archive through July 28, 2009 » Cracked heater coil on Supra 21V « Previous Next »
By Rich (teamnash) on Sunday, June 28, 2009 - 8:40 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I have water leaking under the dash out of the heater. Likely it's the heater coil has a leak.

Has anyone taken one of these apart? Is this going to end to being a bunch of work that I should leave to the dealer to fix?

Thanks,

Rich

By Bill K (bill_airjunky) on Sunday, June 28, 2009 - 9:21 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Heater coil?

Or heater core? Lots of threads on this here on WW. Did it myself a year ago. And just walked my neighbor thru it again a couple weeks ago. Pull the heater out of the boat. Pull the core out of the metal box. And take it in to your neighborhood auto parts store (Napa in my case). They compared it to several cores & found the right one. It's like a 90s Mustang core. Cost $19. Works like a charm.

Then trace the heater hoses to the engine. At their lowest point in the bilge (where you can reach), install a pair of the radiator flush Ts in the lines. Then when it comes time to winterize the boat you just have to pull those two caps off & the heater & part of the engine will drain into the bilge.

By Rich (teamnash) on Sunday, June 28, 2009 - 9:31 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Hi Bill,

Your response is just what I was looking for.

Thanks!!

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions Administration
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
WakeSpace is owned by eWake, Inc.
Copyright © 1996 - 2010, All Rights Reserved.
WakeSpace@WakeWorld.com