New 5th wheel towing option Log Out | Topics | Search | Register | Edit Profile | User List
Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Moderators | Help/Instructions
WakeWorld Discussion Board » >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive » Archive through July 28, 2009 » New 5th wheel towing option « Previous Next »
By Phatboypimp (phatboypimp) on Friday, June 26, 2009 - 9:44 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Upload
Upload
Upload

By Bryan Locke (gwnkids) on Friday, June 26, 2009 - 10:12 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Wow heavy duty S hooks and a custom milled 4x4 hitch support and I thought I had the setup

Upload

By Jarod Criag (wake26) on Friday, June 26, 2009 - 10:53 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
bryan how long are you total? I'm at 72' you look way longer then me.Upload

By Ryan N (vtecths) on Friday, June 26, 2009 - 11:05 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
I would not want to even imagine myself trying to tow that setup! Nice setup though.

By Isaac Gredinberg (extremeisaac) on Friday, June 26, 2009 - 11:15 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
its not the towing that gets you.. its the backing up.. so what happens if for some reason you need to back up? how does that work?

By scott smith (sherman) on Friday, June 26, 2009 - 12:26 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
un hook daaaaaaaaaaa

By pete c (saceone) on Friday, June 26, 2009 - 12:31 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
bryan WOW that's quite the $etup!!!!

By Bryan Locke (gwnkids) on Friday, June 26, 2009 - 1:27 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Jarod Im at 75.2' with out the swim deck. I have been checked once by the CHP and passed he puled me over because the boat trailer lights came disconnected. Plugged them back in he stepped it off and said have a safe trip.

By tailgate (tailgate) on Friday, June 26, 2009 - 1:34 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
At least the color scheme is almost the same.

reminds me of this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xiGChssAue0

(Message edited by tailgate on June 26, 2009)

By scott smith (sherman) on Friday, June 26, 2009 - 1:54 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
in california no longer than 65' and a non-comercial class A License

(Message edited by sherman on June 26, 2009)

(Message edited by sherman on June 26, 2009)

By Bryan Locke (gwnkids) on Friday, June 26, 2009 - 2:01 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Scott,
Doubles can go 75 if the middle 5er is 28'8" or less in Kalifornia (said with an accent). I did so much research and had to get the class A with double endorsement.

By 266CrownlineBR (266crownlinebr) on Saturday, June 27, 2009 - 10:20 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
How hard was it to get a Class A with the double endorsement?

By Bryan Locke (gwnkids) on Sunday, June 28, 2009 - 7:23 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Not hard at all. In Cali just get the book form the DMV and study, the written test is fairly easy the hard part was the pre inspection for the road test. Not knowing what to expect and what the instructor was looking for made that the hardest part. Lucky for me the guy took pity on my and said just follow the books walk around. They consider it like an 18 wheeler and thats how they give the test.

By Rich (dohboy) on Sunday, June 28, 2009 - 7:26 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
That can't be real. Theres no turning clearance. The trailer is right against the window.

By 266CrownlineBR (266crownlinebr) on Monday, June 29, 2009 - 2:59 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Bryan, when you went, did you have to bring a truck, or was there one there for you? Did you just bring what you had or did you have to have someone bring it down there for you that already had a license?

By Chris Walker (redsupralaunch) on Monday, June 29, 2009 - 6:10 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
From this weekend at Ride at the WaterBowl
Upload

By Bryan Locke (gwnkids) on Monday, June 29, 2009 - 6:56 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Chris - nice ride it looks like a new setup.

You bring your rig with out the boat, only the truck and 5er. Since we dont have air brakes they put air brakes down as an exclusion on the DL if you want to add it latter all you need to do to is just take that portion of the physical test it is on the written test though.

By Chris Walker (redsupralaunch) on Monday, June 29, 2009 - 10:17 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
05 Ford, 07 Jayco, 09 Supra

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions Administration
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
WakeSpace is owned by eWake, Inc.
Copyright © 1996 - 2010, All Rights Reserved.
WakeSpace@WakeWorld.com