Sitting new for 2 years. Log Out | Topics | Search | Register | Edit Profile | User List
Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Moderators | Help/Instructions
WakeWorld Discussion Board » >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive » Archive through March 18, 2009 » Sitting new for 2 years. « Previous Next »
By Mike Stoker (mstoked2) on Tuesday, March 17, 2009 - 7:37 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Just picked up a 2007 Sanger V215 from a dealer out of state that has gone out of business. My question is this being my first V drive what do I need to look out for from it sitting for 2 years? It has 0 hours on it and original oil and so on.

By Patrick (jetskiprosx) on Tuesday, March 17, 2009 - 7:41 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I would change the oil and if there was any gas in the tank have it removed.

Congrats on the new boat! You will love it!

By Mike Stoker (mstoked2) on Tuesday, March 17, 2009 - 7:44 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Thanks! That is what I has in mind. The dip stick has a hint of rust toward the top of it but thats it.

By chris (rio_sanger) on Tuesday, March 17, 2009 - 8:02 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I would also change the tranny fluid, V-drive oil, and fuel filter. Charge that battery and you should be good to go!
Sweet boat

By Ken Land (bulletlines) on Tuesday, March 17, 2009 - 8:30 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Change the impeller too... I purchased a boat that sat for 2 years last year, and the impeller pulled out in pieces..

Ken Land
Bullet Lines
www.bulletlines.com

By chris (rio_sanger) on Tuesday, March 17, 2009 - 8:33 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
^^^ good call Ken!
A dried up impeller is no bueno

By Mike Stoker (mstoked2) on Tuesday, March 17, 2009 - 8:41 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Thanks for all the help guys! I want to get all the kinks worked out before that time of year gets here!

By Stephen Higgins (srh00z) on Tuesday, March 17, 2009 - 9:01 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Go ahead and buy two impellers while you are at it. I always like to have an extra one around. If one goes out and that is all you have it could ruin the weekend.

By pete c (saceone) on Tuesday, March 17, 2009 - 11:34 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
^^I second that...along with a spare prop+puller IN THE BOAT.

:-)

congrats mate

By WakeMikey (wakemikey) on Wednesday, March 18, 2009 - 5:32 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
yikes pete that must have been one bad day.

Mike lets see a pic!!!!!!!!!

By Art (rallyart) on Wednesday, March 18, 2009 - 7:26 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
The engine with zero hours is a good thing. It's not broken in, so the cylinders are a bit rougher than they will be. Any surface rust will vanish quickly. Change the oil before you start it and change it again at 10+ hours instead of 20. You're going to love it.

By Richard Coop (mendo247) on Wednesday, March 18, 2009 - 7:50 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Wow.. sounds like a basket case to me, I would have ran the other way... espically since its a Sanger.. Should have atleast gotten a V230

By Mike Stoker (mstoked2) on Wednesday, March 18, 2009 - 8:09 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Lots of love Rich...LOL

By Richard Coop (mendo247) on Wednesday, March 18, 2009 - 11:06 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
O yeah.. Its against the rules to talk about your new boat and not post some pictures!

Lets see this bad boy!

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions Administration
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
WakeSpace is owned by eWake, Inc.
Copyright © 1996 - 2009, All Rights Reserved.
WakeSpace@WakeWorld.com