trailer wheel leaking Log Out | Topics | Search | Register | Edit Profile | User List
Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Moderators | Help/Instructions
WakeWorld Discussion Board » >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive » Archive through March 18, 2009 » trailer wheel leaking « Previous Next »
By kyle (clotus) on Tuesday, March 17, 2009 - 12:07 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Long time ghost first time posting. I have an 07 fourwinns factory trailer and I noticed the driver side wheel was leaking. There is a puddle of some sort of thin lube and the same lube leaking from the center hub. I know nothing about trailers and any help on how to fix it or what it is would be great.

UploadUpload

By Dave Gast (nautiquesonly) on Tuesday, March 17, 2009 - 6:22 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
It looks to me like you got some water in the bearing buddy. That center cap that is rubber pops out with a flat tip screw driver. Behind that there is a grease fitting. Find a grease gun and a tube of marine grade grease. Pump the fitting with grease until all the old sludge comes out and fresh grease starts coming out. You should grease these bad boys up a few times a season depending on how much you trailer the boat.

By Mike K (mike2001) on Wednesday, March 18, 2009 - 7:45 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Before you pop the center cap back on, put a little bead of silicone around the rim, helps form a better seal.

By salty87 (salty87) on Wednesday, March 18, 2009 - 9:30 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
looks like you should re-pack the bearings. bearing buddies aren't designed to pump until grease comes out. if you do, you'll have a nice mess to clean up and could blow-out a seal guaranteeing that you'll always have water in your bearings.

this site has alot of good info... http://www.championtrailers.com/techsup.html

By kyle (clotus) on Wednesday, March 18, 2009 - 3:58 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
thanks guys. I will have to go to the in-laws and pick up the grease gun.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions Administration
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
WakeSpace is owned by eWake, Inc.
Copyright © 1996 - 2009, All Rights Reserved.
WakeSpace@WakeWorld.com