custom Ballast tanks Log Out | Topics | Search | Register | Edit Profile | User List
Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Moderators | Help/Instructions
WakeWorld Discussion Board » >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive » Archive through March 18, 2009 » custom Ballast tanks « Previous Next »
By SulMaxwell (sulmaxwell) on Friday, March 13, 2009 - 8:48 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
I was thinking about a fat sack for my boat for surfing...then realized one of the reasons I bought this boat...was that my old boat I had to fill up fat sacks to ride...(this was in 03) so I have ballast...I'm thinking I simply get a new ballast tanks that would simply hook up t the existing balast pumps for the back(currently its a bag that simply sits under the seat.....maybe customize it...carpet it.....contour it in...make one for the bow as well...has anyone done this???
did you vent it, did you need a bevel plate in the tank so it doesn't swish around???
Feedback...
Pics???
Ideas!
gotta love spring!

(Message edited by sulmaxwell on March 13, 2009)

By Brock Landers (formfunction) on Friday, March 13, 2009 - 10:05 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
I build a lot of stainless fuel cells and was thinking the same thing.You could build a back seat and throw some thin cushions on it.
Out of sight out of mind.

By Nick Tomsyck (sidekicknicholas) on Friday, March 13, 2009 - 10:16 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
^ Our old direct drive boat had a stainless tank made to slide in under the back/ sides and had a seat mounted on the top.... we could add 1000lbs in the back, and no seating loss... just make sure you pop a hole in the top, make a little vent so when you fill it air can escape

By Jason (jasonwm) on Saturday, March 14, 2009 - 1:30 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
One other option to consider would be replacing or augmenting your factory bag with another ballast bag. That would give you the flexibility to fill the extra bag when you want the weight, without having to live with a solid tank inside the boat all of the time.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions Administration
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
WakeSpace is owned by eWake, Inc.
Copyright © 1996 - 2009, All Rights Reserved.
WakeSpace@WakeWorld.com