tower refinish questions Log Out | Topics | Search | Register | Edit Profile | User List
Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Moderators | Help/Instructions
WakeWorld Discussion Board » >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive » Archive through March 18, 2009 » tower refinish questions « Previous Next »
By Jeff Kukuruda (ruste) on Wednesday, March 11, 2009 - 10:57 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
I have the first generation Flight Control tower on my Nautique and its starting to look a little warn and faded, i was curious what process and products ppl have used to prep and redo their tower, is it worth painting? or does it flex too much, is powdercoating the way to go? I was really hoping to be able to paint it and have good results versus removing and paying alot of money to have it powdercoated thanks alot.

Jeff

By Murphy Smith (murphy_smith) on Wednesday, March 11, 2009 - 11:23 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
sandblast and powdercoat

By salty87 (salty87) on Wednesday, March 11, 2009 - 11:37 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
you won't get very good results painting if you don't take it off....or, you'll get a very dirty boat. the old paint needs to be stripped off either way.

By jason baggett (jasonba1) on Wednesday, March 11, 2009 - 6:29 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
powdercoat is the way to go...I had mine done here in east tn. sandblasted and powdercoated for 150.00 and it has held up great going on two years now.

By SS (illini88) on Thursday, March 12, 2009 - 6:53 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Mine isn't perfect, but I wet sanded the the tower and then painted it with an air sprayer. It turned out pretty well. Like I said, it wasn't perfect, but it was good enough. It looked much better than what I started with.

By aaron (alindquist) on Thursday, March 12, 2009 - 1:30 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Mine started out black, I had it sand blasted and powder-coated white (around $300). After 4 years in saltwater the powder is not flaking or pealing at all. I'm convinced this is the only way to go...

By Jeff Kukuruda (ruste) on Thursday, March 12, 2009 - 5:28 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
thanks for all the info everyone, i think ill make do for this season then in the fall get it powdercoated!

jeff

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions Administration
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
WakeSpace is owned by eWake, Inc.
Copyright © 1996 - 2009, All Rights Reserved.
WakeSpace@WakeWorld.com