Designing a battery bank Log Out | Topics | Search | Register | Edit Profile | User List
Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Moderators | Help/Instructions
WakeWorld Discussion Board » >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive » Archive through March 18, 2009 » Designing a battery bank « Previous Next »
By Preston Hall (phall925) on Wednesday, March 11, 2009 - 8:42 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Ok for anyone that participated in the fist discussion about a pontoon boat stereo. I am thinking about going with a battery bank and an on board charger.

Previous thread
http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/messages/3183/663805.html?1233582497

How do I figure out the draw of the amps to then design the battery bank?

formulas etc.

Thanks

Preston

By Nacho (denverd1) on Wednesday, March 11, 2009 - 9:14 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
I've got a spreadsheet for calc'ing your system's draw on alternator and battery system. It might get you started at least.
application/octet-streamUpload
Alternator_calcs-347874.xls (17.4 k)

By Adam Curtis (acurtis_ttu) on Wednesday, March 11, 2009 - 10:45 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Preston, I've got 3 sets of JL seperates and an alpine marine sub ( 10 inch) in my boat. I'm using the surepower seperator and bought two new trojan t-105's to power everything. I have an audison 5 chanel amp 75x4 plus 180 x1. after 4-5 weeks the batteries are doing great. The sub....sucks. Even with only 180 watts ( sub is 300 RMS) it rattles the crap out of the aluminum siding.

You should be able to check online for your specific amps max current draw.

By Nacho (denverd1) on Wednesday, March 11, 2009 - 10:58 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
That what I was thinking, you'll pry never run out of juice with a small system and 2 6v batts. pry overkill

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions Administration
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
WakeSpace is owned by eWake, Inc.
Copyright © 1996 - 2009, All Rights Reserved.
WakeSpace@WakeWorld.com