Sub - Cut hole or Box? Log Out | Topics | Search | Register | Edit Profile | User List
Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Moderators | Help/Instructions
WakeWorld Discussion Board » >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive » Archive through March 18, 2009 » Sub - Cut hole or Box? « Previous Next »
By Ken W (kenteck) on Monday, March 09, 2009 - 1:45 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Im getting ready to add a Sub, but what would you rather do? Cut a hole? or just use a Box?, this will be located where the heater box is, 06 moomba Outboac V

By John Bauer (jonyb) on Monday, March 09, 2009 - 1:51 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
The woofer must have an enclosure unless you use a free-air speaker. Those don't typically sound as good as enclosed speakers. If there's a panel there, you can remove it and build a box that'll fit on that shelf. I've done a few like that before.

By C. R. (crushing76) on Monday, March 09, 2009 - 1:54 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Easiest route would be just to cut a hole... Although this will make the enclosure a "free air" type... These are adequate if you dont really want loud or boomy bass... If you want the most you can get out of the sub, it's ALWAYS best to build a box... Unless of course the sub you have specifically calls for a free air enclosure...

If you already have a sub, see what the mfgr recommends...

By John Bauer (jonyb) on Monday, March 09, 2009 - 2:05 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Most free-air woofers in applications like that sound about as good as not spending the money on them.

By Byron (bkoz) on Monday, March 09, 2009 - 2:22 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I have the same boat. How hard is it to remove that panel? I dont have a heater in mine.

By Ken W (kenteck) on Monday, March 09, 2009 - 2:38 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
this is what I would actually like to do, does anyone know if this is enclosed, I havenít got underneath and really looked yet.

Upload

By John Bauer (jonyb) on Monday, March 09, 2009 - 2:49 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
It's not enclosed at all. If you climb down into the center ballast area you can see all the way to there. I did that and could get my hand all the way up to the grommet where the tubes/wires go through on the right.

By Jason (loonytik) on Tuesday, March 10, 2009 - 6:36 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
The hole to the upper right of the sub in the picture above is for the wiring coming from your battery on the other side. Also, where the sub is mounted is designed to carry fresh air back to your engine compartment to clear it of gas fumes. If you have a Moomba and have ever wondered where those intakes in the front of your windshield go....heres your answer.

In other words....build a box.

By Brett Yates (polarbill) on Tuesday, March 10, 2009 - 8:15 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Ken, I think I have seen pics on here of someone cutting out that foot rest area and building a custom box. It may have been in a newer LSV though, but it should be similar. Maybe search "mobius LSV sub" or something along those lines.

By Jason Lanier (dubwake21) on Tuesday, March 10, 2009 - 8:22 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
or check out the Moomba forum at:http://www.moomba.com/msgboard/index.php

I'm debating the same thing for my Outback V, but I don't think my kick panel is as big as the LSV, and may not fit a 10.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions Administration
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
WakeSpace is owned by eWake, Inc.
Copyright © 1996 - 2009, All Rights Reserved.
WakeSpace@WakeWorld.com