Down firing sub jumpseat thoughts Log Out | Topics | Search | Register | Edit Profile | User List
Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Moderators | Help/Instructions
WakeWorld Discussion Board » >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive » Archive through March 18, 2009 » Down firing sub jumpseat thoughts « Previous Next »
By MOX (uofamox) on Monday, March 09, 2009 - 11:10 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Everyone,
I am installing three kicker L5s in my boat. One in each rear comparment and the third I was planning on putting in the driver dash but I dont think it will fit.

Any way I was thinking of building a down firing enclosure and installing it between the observer compartment and the driver dash.

I would put a cushion on top to make it a jump seat.

Whats everyones $.02

BTW--I already will have four batteries in the observers comparment and still need the leftover space for all the girls purses and crap.

Upload

By Duffy Mahoney (duffymahoney) on Monday, March 09, 2009 - 11:31 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
I love stereo junkies!

By all eyez on me (ponte_06_x2) on Monday, March 09, 2009 - 11:41 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
leftover space for all the girls purses and crap. you can only call it crap when your married. when your single. its called proof.

(Message edited by Ponte_06_x2 on March 09, 2009)

By Nick Tomsyck (sidekicknicholas) on Monday, March 09, 2009 - 11:45 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
^ haha, thats the most amazing thing I've ever heard.

By Ken W (kenteck) on Monday, March 09, 2009 - 11:46 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
^^^^^^
that is so true..LOL

By Nick Tomsyck (sidekicknicholas) on Monday, March 09, 2009 - 11:48 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
what about a custom box that would fit in the middle of your open bow floor space, then just get a "filler" pad over the top, you would have playpen seating, your subs, and storage too

By Hate N Pain (hatepain) on Monday, March 09, 2009 - 12:18 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
^^^2nd- Its what I was thinking would be best.

Oh, and when you're working 2 or 3 it a time its evidence.

By Duffy Mahoney (duffymahoney) on Monday, March 09, 2009 - 12:24 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Stripper pole! You could mount it where your removable table goes!

By Chris Phelps (cpizzle) on Monday, March 09, 2009 - 2:33 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Hey, hey!!! It's a "fitness pole"

By Brad (cool232) on Monday, March 09, 2009 - 3:46 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
My playpen is the favorite seat. Props to Phat-n-Cincy I had the idea but found he beat me to it. I have a 12 in the box but its great to throw the kids up front.

By Darren Yearsley (ralph) on Monday, March 09, 2009 - 3:52 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I've got a sub in my rear locker, its pretty much a waste of time, gives you a nice massage but doesn't add a lot of sound to the boat. It is a pretty budget pioneer 10" so your bad boys might do better.

By Hate N Pain (hatepain) on Monday, March 09, 2009 - 3:59 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
If you're gonna have subs in the rear locker you gotta pretty much do it up like Ben's (8tens) with 6 MTX 9500's if you wanna get the boom out there.

By MOX (uofamox) on Monday, March 09, 2009 - 5:56 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Guys,
Thanks for your $.02 and I like the idea for a playpen.

As for the subs in the rear comparments...i have vents for them and they put out good sound for everyone in the wrap around but it is faint for me while driving. If I dont go with the playpen i will add on more twelve for four in rear lockers.

Please keep giving your suggestions...it is great to hear what people have seen/done

Pics would be great!

As for the stripper pole-I have one for years and have thousands of pics of our drunk adventures at the lake.
Upload

By Nick in the TC (nick_in_ssp) on Monday, March 09, 2009 - 6:09 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I smell new BOAT BUN thread.

By Duffy Mahoney (duffymahoney) on Monday, March 09, 2009 - 6:12 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Why doesn't one of these tower companies build a clamp on stripper pole. I bet they would sell thousands!

By MOX (uofamox) on Monday, March 09, 2009 - 6:45 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Duffy,
Stripperpole.com is where you need to go. They have clamps and a stripper pole that can be removed in a few seconds.

They can make any custom pole you want...sky is the limit. Snoop Dogg spent $5k on a pole with over 100 hrs of airbrushing on it.

By MOX (uofamox) on Tuesday, March 10, 2009 - 8:20 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
bump

I can only find one SAN with good pics of this install. Anyone else have pics? i search WW with little luck

Thanks!

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions Administration
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
WakeSpace is owned by eWake, Inc.
Copyright © 1996 - 2009, All Rights Reserved.
WakeSpace@WakeWorld.com