Anybody ever tried to... Log Out | Topics | Search | Register | Edit Profile | User List
Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Moderators | Help/Instructions
WakeWorld Discussion Board » >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive » Archive through March 18, 2009 » Anybody ever tried to... « Previous Next »
By Justin (wakesk8er2) on Sunday, March 08, 2009 - 3:17 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
fill up the ballast tanks using your fake-a-lake? I've got an '04 x-2 and I was out cleaning the it today and I decided that I'd give the pumps a little workout since they haven't seen much action during the school year and since I installed the yellow impellers. I hooked up the fake-a-lake and it didn't want to get going, but I'm thinking that it was just sucking too much air around the fake-a-lake to do anything.

Anyone else had experience with this?

By Jos (jtnz) on Sunday, March 08, 2009 - 4:47 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Never used a fake a lake, but I have run a hose straight into the inlets before, seems to work OK.

By Nick Tomsyck (sidekicknicholas) on Sunday, March 08, 2009 - 5:09 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
You are not using the pumps then if I understand what you're saying correctly.... which totally misses the point of what he is trying to do.

Unless you mean to the ballast plumming inlet and not just the bag inlet....then that should work for you

By Jos (jtnz) on Sunday, March 08, 2009 - 5:38 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Yeah, stick the hose into the thru hull, water will pour out all over the place until you turn on the pump.

(Message edited by jtnz on March 08, 2009)

By Justin (wakesk8er2) on Sunday, March 08, 2009 - 5:42 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Yeah, I think that that is the only way to get it going. I think I'll just wait til I dunk it next week and go ride. Spring break can't come soon enough in Florida.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions Administration
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
WakeSpace is owned by eWake, Inc.
Copyright © 1996 - 2009, All Rights Reserved.
WakeSpace@WakeWorld.com