Foam vs Wool Log Out | Topics | Search | Register | Edit Profile | User List
Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Moderators | Help/Instructions
WakeWorld Discussion Board » >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive » Archive through March 18, 2009 » Foam vs Wool « Previous Next »
By wakemania (wakemania) on Wednesday, March 04, 2009 - 5:56 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
I'm fixing to hit the boat with some Finesse-It and a circular polisher to get my shine back. I'm trying to decide on foam or wool pads. So I wanted to get some input on what everyone used and why. I'm sure there are some trade-offs but give me your opinions. Also, where are you getting your pads from. Thanks.

By Whiskey Tango (210san) on Wednesday, March 04, 2009 - 6:10 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
I only use wool pads on the boat and foam pads on the car/truck

Wool heats up the gel coat and really brings the shine helps cut any oxidation. The foam pads are more for polishing and are more delicate.

By Murphy Smith (murphy_smith) on Wednesday, March 04, 2009 - 6:32 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Get a 3m 05713. It a a wool polishing pad that will work great with finesse it.

The wool will give you a bit more cutting power than the foam but finesse it is not an aggresive product at all.

By Dave (deltadave) on Wednesday, March 04, 2009 - 7:16 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Wool. Foam is more for autos and getting swirl marks out for final finishing (especially black) on clearcoats. You won't have that issue on gelcoat.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions Administration
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
WakeSpace is owned by eWake, Inc.
Copyright © 1996 - 2009, All Rights Reserved.
WakeSpace@WakeWorld.com