one pair pro 60's louder than 2 pai... Log Out | Topics | Search | Register | Edit Profile | User List
Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Moderators | Help/Instructions
WakeWorld Discussion Board » >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive » Archive through March 18, 2009 » one pair pro 60's louder than 2 pairs 6.5"? « Previous Next »
By TY-one-on (typhoon) on Tuesday, March 03, 2009 - 7:30 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Is one pair of pro 60's louder than two pairs of 6.5" tower speakers?

By TigeMike (chpthril) on Tuesday, March 03, 2009 - 7:33 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Depends on the 6.5's and the amp driving them, but I'd put my money on the Pro60's

By Duffy Mahoney (duffymahoney) on Tuesday, March 03, 2009 - 7:51 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Read some of the posts. Basically they all say that 6.5's are designed for car doors and wetsounds are designed for towers or concerts. They project the sound further. 6.5s can sound great, but I think any speaker that is designed from scratch to be on a wakeboat tower will be the best.

By John Bauer (jonyb) on Tuesday, March 03, 2009 - 8:50 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I just replaced 4 XS-650's on my tower with 2 pro80's and a pro485. There is no comparison from the coaxial to the pro80.... Even a set of pro60's are much louder and cleaner. The 650's still sound really good for what they are, and if someone can't afford the 60's or 80's, then I suggest the 650's in OEM or DIY can's.

By JP (jpaul) on Wednesday, March 04, 2009 - 3:20 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I had four Titain Alpha Ones. I disconnected one and hooked it up to an an 80 with about 120W...that one 80 Drowned the three coaxials. Im sure the 60 would do the same.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions Administration
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
WakeSpace is owned by eWake, Inc.
Copyright © 1996 - 2009, All Rights Reserved.
WakeSpace@WakeWorld.com