Difficult boat decision Log Out | Topics | Search | Register | Edit Profile | User List
Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Moderators | Help/Instructions
WakeWorld Discussion Board » >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive » Archive through March 18, 2009 » Difficult boat decision « Previous Next »
By Chad Anderson (oldman_from_the_north) on Friday, February 27, 2009 - 8:00 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Have three options to choose from, wondering which is the right one.
1) Have Crownline 225BR with Monster tower. Could purchase Fat Sac system, but wonder if I'll be satisfied.
2) Could trade for 02' Malibu Response with tower and Fat Sac for about $12,500. It is a DD, but does have wake-plate. Well within my budget.
3) Could trade for a new carryover 07' Supra 21V fully loaded, for about $33,000. Within budget, but straining.
Mainly concerned about the wake the boat will throw, as have maxed out my current I/O.

By jason callen (westsidarider) on Friday, February 27, 2009 - 8:06 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
if you have ever been in or behind a supra i dont think you would be asking this question.

supra throws an unbelievable wake both with stock ballast as well as with additional ballast. If you can afford it I would go buy that supra right now

By Bob Holloway (kid_yacht) on Friday, February 27, 2009 - 8:09 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Supra...hands down

By Diggs (pdxWAKE.com) (tyler97217) on Friday, February 27, 2009 - 8:10 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Tough comparison cause they are not even similar in price or anything.... First step is to make the decision if you want to spend that much loot. If so you will love the Supra and will not have to do anything to it. If not, the Response is really a ski boat, but should do a lot better than the Crownline, but not as good as the Supra. Good luck....

By Michael Hunter (mhunter) on Friday, February 27, 2009 - 8:13 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Test drive, once you drive an inboard you will never be happy with your io again. The Supra will never be that cheap again and with the 5 year warranty there will be no unexpected costs.

By M-Dizzle (liquidmx) on Friday, February 27, 2009 - 8:29 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Sounds more like a finance question than a boat question as the supra is clearly the best option by far. What you need to decide is if you can swallow the payment.

By  matt c (curtisco24) on Friday, February 27, 2009 - 8:31 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
steal on supra take it.

By corey king (snowboardcorey) on Friday, February 27, 2009 - 8:32 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Chad, if you can swing 33000 with the trade you should be able to pick up a great used boat and manage to sell yours and come out looking pretty good.

given the two scenarios I would say keep your boat or go with the Supra. I've wakeboarded ALOT behind a response and we had a great time but the wake is medicore at best and the boat does not have enough freeboard to add enough weight to make it better. A Sunsetter would be a lot better choice, or a MC 209 for DD boats.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions Administration
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
WakeSpace is owned by eWake, Inc.
Copyright © 1996 - 2009, All Rights Reserved.
WakeSpace@WakeWorld.com