Swim platform mat replacement? Log Out | Topics | Search | Register | Edit Profile | User List
Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Moderators | Help/Instructions
WakeWorld Discussion Board » >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive » Archive through March 18, 2009 » Swim platform mat replacement? « Previous Next »
By Roger (roger_dodger) on Wednesday, February 25, 2009 - 8:38 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
The rubber mat on my platform is peeling up and gets super hot in the summertime. It also tracks black rubber all over the rest of the boat. Any suggestions on a replacement mat?

By pete c (saceone) on Wednesday, February 25, 2009 - 8:40 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
if it's a nautique you can get ''N'' sheets

By Michael Bouchard (mbouchard) on Wednesday, February 25, 2009 - 8:41 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
We replace them all the time. Call Lora at the shop - she can hook you up.

By Tim White (wetsounds1) on Wednesday, February 25, 2009 - 8:45 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
http://www.seadek.com/index.html

http://www.seadekstore.com/swimplatformpads.aspx

http://seadekblog.blogspot.com/

Make the factory ones for Malibu and Axis and Epic and also make the factory ones for many others. They sell kits for other boats as replacements and if you check out their blog. They do custom ones as well.

Tim
Wet Sounds

(Message edited by wetsounds1 on February 25, 2009)

By Richard (nauty) on Wednesday, February 25, 2009 - 9:07 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
I used hydroturf to replace mine. After two seasons it's still holding up and doesn't track a thing in the boat.

www.hydroturf.com

By Gregg Rossi (gregg_rossi) on Wednesday, February 25, 2009 - 11:53 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Not to change the subject but is this pretty common with the pad on the fiberglass platforms? I am thinking of swapping out the Teak for a fiberglass one but don't want to have the same problems. Thanks!

By Roger (roger_dodger) on Wednesday, February 25, 2009 - 12:44 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
just spoke to the guy at seadek and they already had my platform pad on their webstore as a stock item. i just ordered one and will have it by next week. sweet!

http://www.seadekstore.com/malibu.aspx

don't know how common of a problem this is. my friend's rubber moomba pad did the same thing.

thanks for the link tim.

By Bill K (bill_airjunky) on Wednesday, February 25, 2009 - 1:46 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
The black tracking up the interior is pretty typical of Skier's Choice & sometimes Malibu's swimstep pads.

I've been replacing them with Traxx / GatorGrip for a few years now.

By Ken Land (bulletlines) on Wednesday, February 25, 2009 - 2:17 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I just purchased some Gatorgrip today.. They answered my questions quickly..

Thanks,

Ken Land
Bullet Lines / Krypt Towers
www.bulletlines.com

By Luke the Drifter (tl_hereford) on Wednesday, February 25, 2009 - 5:05 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Gator Grip is the bomb wakejunky.com Thats what I got it is sweet and everyone I ride with seems to like it too.

By Wakejunky (wakejunky) on Thursday, February 26, 2009 - 2:51 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Thanks for the cudos.

Chris
www.wakejunky.com

By Justin (wakesk8er2) on Thursday, February 26, 2009 - 5:50 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Mine is going to get bedliner sprayed before the summer. By buddy had it done to his x-star and it won't peel up or track into the boat. Not to mention it's about half the cost of those pads in the link.

By Roger (roger_dodger) on Friday, February 27, 2009 - 10:20 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
that bedliner stuff doesn't offer the comfort of the pads though. for me the extra cash is worth it. the bedliner stuff is super durable though, guess you just have to decide what's more important to you.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions Administration
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
WakeSpace is owned by eWake, Inc.
Copyright © 1996 - 2009, All Rights Reserved.
WakeSpace@WakeWorld.com