Prop Help Log Out | Topics | Search | Register | Edit Profile | User List
Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Moderators | Help/Instructions
WakeWorld Discussion Board » >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive » Archive through March 18, 2009 » Prop Help « Previous Next »
By blondesrule (blondesrule) on Tuesday, February 24, 2009 - 12:05 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I am looking to get a more torquier prop put on my 05 Supra 21V. Dealer here says he does not have any acme 1235s, but has a four blade 16 pitch. He claims it will give me better torque plus better top end, which I am not worried about. Does anybody know if this is true for the torque, if it will help at all? I am currently running original 3 blade, the 4 blade is what they are putting on the 22ssv and 24ssv.

By Michael Mueller (sacmule) on Tuesday, February 24, 2009 - 6:08 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
There is a give and take relationship between torque and top end; you cannot have both. If you a higher torque prop you will have to sacrifice top end, which sounds like what you want. I would go 4-blade; the lower the pitch the better torque. A 16 pitch prop is a good compromise between torque and speed. Work with your dealer to ensure the prop will work with the gearing ratio in the Supra 21V (you probably have a 1.5-1 ratio as opposed to a 1-1 as typical in a direct drive). Find out what the Supra Tournament Boats are using; they might be down in the 14 to 15 pitch range and may increase diameter to 14 or 14.5, check it out. I hope this helps a bit. I have a VLX and just bought the stock 4-blade prop (16P); the current stock prop is a 17.5P, I opted for the lower torque prop that was stock for my year boat. My rationalization was that the manufacturers spend a lot of time and $$$ to find the best prop for all occasions and some top end was desired and did play into my decision. During my prop hunt, I did learn that some tourney VLXs are running a 14.5x14.25 prop, this is a full inch larger than the stock prop. Spoke with one guy, he loved the larger diameter, lower pitch prop and said he would not be going back. Again work with your Supra dealer and try calling the dealers that provide the tourney boats for the events in your area to see what they use for their setup.

By Paul Weintz (paulw) on Wednesday, February 25, 2009 - 1:24 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Call Acme direct to get the info. They know which props are best on a lot of boats

By jay (ironj32) on Thursday, February 26, 2009 - 4:43 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
I agree with Paul, call Acme and they should be able to tell you the different props available for your ride and how each one will perform. Good Luck!

By Eric Johnson (ej_ojprop) on Thursday, February 26, 2009 - 7:11 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
We,, OJ PROPS, supply Skiers choice the propellers for the Supra and Moomba boats. We offer our #468 14.25 X 14 LC 1 1/8" XMP EDGE 4-blade for your application. We also have the #475 14.25 X 14.5 LC 1 1/8" XMP EDGE 4-blade that would work well.

Feel free to give me a call if you have any other questions.

Eric 800-359-9730

By Paul Weintz (paulw) on Thursday, February 26, 2009 - 1:50 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
O yeah call Eric at OJ props they know what there doing, sorry Eric

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions Administration
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
WakeSpace is owned by eWake, Inc.
Copyright © 1996 - 2009, All Rights Reserved.
WakeSpace@WakeWorld.com