Wetsounds 3-some or Double-up? Log Out | Topics | Search | Register | Edit Profile | User List
Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Moderators | Help/Instructions
WakeWorld Discussion Board » >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive » Archive through March 18, 2009 » Wetsounds 3-some or Double-up? « Previous Next »
By AMO (amo) on Monday, February 23, 2009 - 4:35 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I'm sure this has been visited before on this site. I would like to hear the thoughts on the differences between the two tower systems. I am going to do one or the other. I want clean solid sound out to the rider. Which wetsounds amp would you recommend to power the tower system properly.

By Bruce Mac (brucemac) on Monday, February 23, 2009 - 5:26 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
if sound while riding is your primary objective, i'd vote for 3-some and the syn6. bridge 1-4 to the 80's and bridge 5&6 to the 485.

By AMO (amo) on Monday, February 23, 2009 - 6:37 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Thanks Bruce. What is the objective of the double-up tower system?

By Bruce Mac (brucemac) on Monday, February 23, 2009 - 6:50 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Double-Up is pair of 60's and pair of MB8's. The MB8's are 8in mid-bass drivers without the horn.

By Tim White (wetsounds1) on Monday, February 23, 2009 - 7:17 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Amo,

If you are looking for loud clean sound to the rider. The 3-Some is the set up. With the SYN-6 powering it.

The Double Up system is loud and clean for the rider as well but the 3-Some will provide more output.

Most that go with the Double Up are wanting a system that can provide a ton of punch in and around the boat. For surfing and party coves. Still loud at 80 feet but not as loud as the 3-Some set up.

Tim
Wet Sounds

By AMO (amo) on Monday, February 23, 2009 - 8:31 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Thanks Tim, that made up my mind. 3-some it is with a Syn 6 just for it. Would a Syn 6 do a good job and provide enough power for 2 JL 10" free air subs and the in-boat 7.7 JL speakers?

By Tim White (wetsounds1) on Monday, February 23, 2009 - 9:04 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Yes, that would be a great set up. A SYN-6 on the 3-Some and a SYN-6 running the inboats and subs.

2 amp system. The SYN-6 is capable of 1000 watts. So a 2 amp system but around 2000 watts!

Tim
Wet Sounds

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions Administration
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
WakeSpace is owned by eWake, Inc.
Copyright © 1996 - 2009, All Rights Reserved.
WakeSpace@WakeWorld.com