how much is a warranty worth? Log Out | Topics | Search | Register | Edit Profile | User List
Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Moderators | Help/Instructions
WakeWorld Discussion Board » >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive » Archive through March 18, 2009 » how much is a warranty worth? « Previous Next »
By Jeremy Hawkinson (hawk22) on Monday, February 23, 2009 - 2:04 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
If you were considering the same boat, same options, one had warranty (5 year) and one didn't, how much more if any would you be willing to pay for the boat with warranty? For reference, I'm asking about a budget boat <15k.

By Brett Yates (polarbill) on Monday, February 23, 2009 - 2:13 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Jeremy, what are you up to now?

By Jeremy Hawkinson (hawk22) on Monday, February 23, 2009 - 2:19 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
ha! I go to court tomorrow and I'm trying to place a value on my warranty that was good for nothing.

By Michael Bouchard (mbouchard) on Monday, February 23, 2009 - 2:24 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
call your local dealer and see what a 3 year extended warranty costs... - that will give a basis for what a warranty is worth.

By Dave (davomaddo) on Tuesday, February 24, 2009 - 9:41 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Read the fine print. I assume the $15K boat is well used.

If you could get a good warranty on a well used boat, it would probably make sense to pay good amount of money for it.

However, I would really investigate how good the warranty is.

By andy (michridr69) on Tuesday, February 24, 2009 - 10:35 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
make sure it is motor and drivetrain ext. I thing it could easyily be worth it if u have alot of hours.

By packrat (packrat) on Tuesday, February 24, 2009 - 10:55 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
I have had multiple warranties from FPC out of Minnesota. I had one on a used and new Mastercraft and they paid claims on both the engine and trailer (new leaf springs). Extended warranties are only as good as the first time you have a claim and try to collect. Some try to weasel out of paying with clauses like "normal wear not covered" ect. Also check with your insurance Commissioner to see if the Warranty company has complaints against it in the State you bought it.
Most Warranty Co's require a pre inspection so they are not paying for pre existing conditions.

By Bu Coo (brett564) on Wednesday, February 25, 2009 - 3:41 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Some type of inner electronic issue caused my Malibu's power wedge to break. Luckily it was stuck in the up position so there was no exigency to get it fixed immediately. When I did, it was fixed within a week, but the explanation was pretty in depth. It was under warranty and the dealership did real good, but I could only imagine how much it would have been if there was no warrant, or when it happens again...

By jason (hbguy) on Wednesday, February 25, 2009 - 9:26 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Depends on the terms of the warranty and who is backing it.

By Nacho (denverd1) on Wednesday, February 25, 2009 - 10:03 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
How much do these usually run?

By SS (illini88) on Wednesday, February 25, 2009 - 1:16 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Is there a serious issue with your boat?

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions Administration
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
WakeSpace is owned by eWake, Inc.
Copyright © 1996 - 2009, All Rights Reserved.
WakeSpace@WakeWorld.com