"97 Malibu VLX ballast install Log Out | Topics | Search | Register | Edit Profile | User List
Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Moderators | Help/Instructions
WakeWorld Discussion Board » >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive » Archive through October 06, 2008 » "97 Malibu VLX ballast install « Previous Next »
By Nick in the TC (nick_in_ssp) on Monday, September 22, 2008 - 6:30 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
This is a 5 pump fill off a 2" valve and manifold
with a 3 pump drain. 750's on each side of the motor and about 500 in the ski locker. 2 pumps go to quick connect hoses 1 for the bow and 1 for surf sacs. An extra pump helps for flow to the bow under the front seat.

Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload

By Nick in the TC (nick_in_ssp) on Monday, September 22, 2008 - 6:31 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload

By Nick in the TC (nick_in_ssp) on Monday, September 22, 2008 - 6:31 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post

By Nick in the TC (nick_in_ssp) on Monday, September 22, 2008 - 6:33 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload

By Nick in the TC (nick_in_ssp) on Monday, September 22, 2008 - 6:36 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
On the 2 quick connects I have six feet of hose with the two quick male connects that go from the wall mounted connects to the bags in the bow or on the surf side.

Upload
Upload

By Stephen Higgins (srh00z) on Monday, September 22, 2008 - 7:16 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Thanks for the post, I have a 99 VLX that will be getting a similar system over the winter. I am loving the VLX wake and I haven't really gotten it dialed in yet.

By Nick in the TC (nick_in_ssp) on Monday, September 22, 2008 - 7:27 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
750's on each side of the motor 500 in ski locker and almost 1000 in the bow and it is huge. I need a new prop for my next up grade but if that in to much I do about 400 each side of the motor 500 in the ski locker and a 440 in the bow. I love this boat more and more all the time. Next is the stereo and the lighting, you know to get 'em in the mood.

By Stephen Higgins (srh00z) on Monday, September 22, 2008 - 7:40 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I have a couple of 550 lb sacs for the V-drive storage and around 400 lbs in the ski locker. I want to try and run some more weight up front to even it out some and I also have around 2-300 lbs of lead that I took out of the boat after I bought it that I plan to place strategically around the boat as I dial it in. I don't know if I will use all of it though, too much lead scares me. What are you running for your surf setup? I have only tried to surf mine a few times and I haven't gotten enough weight on one side to really get the boat to list.

By Matt (loudsubz) on Monday, September 22, 2008 - 8:19 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
where do you buy the connectors for the tsunami pumps?

By Nick in the TC (nick_in_ssp) on Monday, September 22, 2008 - 8:43 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
The connectors for the tsunami are regular 1" pvc to 1" barbs I got a Lowes. I had to sand down the threads on the pumps to get the fitting to squeeze on. it took me about 1 minute per connector to sand them down with a sanding wheel for a screw gun. Alot of the stuff that I got for this system was a real PITA but all said and done I love it. I have had it on the water once and brought it home to work out a few little kinks but tomorrow I will try it again. I don't think I got more than a few things from one place. I probable got everything at like ten or so different places and on the net.

By Nick in the TC (nick_in_ssp) on Monday, September 22, 2008 - 8:50 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
And for surfing I fill 750 in the engine comartment, 500 in the ski locker, 500 in the bow surf side, and 1500 right behind the driver for goofy sided riders.

By Darren Yearsley (ralph) on Monday, September 22, 2008 - 8:59 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
You must be better looking than me. To get them in the mood I have to turn the lights off!

By Nick in the TC (nick_in_ssp) on Monday, September 22, 2008 - 9:22 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Actually there will be a remote controlled spot light. Like a deer in the head lights, they won't know what hit 'em.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions Administration
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
WakeSpace is owned by eWake, Inc.
Copyright © 1996 - 2009, All Rights Reserved.
WakeSpace@WakeWorld.com