Polk adio Log Out | Topics | Search | Register | Edit Profile | User List
Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Moderators | Help/Instructions
WakeWorld Discussion Board » >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive » Archive through March 18, 2009 » Polk adio « Previous Next »
By Jack Hinkes (jackeh) on Friday, June 27, 2008 - 9:42 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
has any one had experience with Polk tower speakers?

By VLX Envy (cavlxenvy) on Friday, June 27, 2008 - 9:54 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Good stuff. Go with the MoMo series.

By Wes (weswheels) on Friday, June 27, 2008 - 10:38 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Love 'em. They really do scream.

By Michael ImObersteg (kickflip_mj) on Friday, June 27, 2008 - 10:53 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
got 4 of them. powerd right and you can really hear them when you ride

By Stewart (stewart) on Friday, June 27, 2008 - 11:44 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
I have had the Polk db675 and the Polk db6750 (components) in Bullet Speaker cans. They sounded great.

Recently switched to the Bullet Hollow Point 770 and they sound awesome!

By Jack Hinkes (jackeh) on Friday, June 27, 2008 - 11:47 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
thanks guys. i think we are going to install 4 on the tower.

By nu bu (05mobiuslsv) on Friday, June 27, 2008 - 11:49 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Jack give them 100 watts rms, set the crossovers right and they will sound great. Do not underpower them, they will distort and sound like crap.

By kvoman (kvoman) on Friday, June 27, 2008 - 1:17 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
The 6x9 Momos definitely need to be powered up or you're going to get what sounds like the chipmunks singing between the clips/distortions!!!

That's from personal experience!!!

By Jack Hinkes (jackeh) on Friday, June 27, 2008 - 2:57 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
i have 500 watts i'm getting another 1000 so i can get the speakers and a new 12" sub.

should be sick.

By Tuo-Kali G (burbanized) on Friday, June 27, 2008 - 3:05 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
They are super sick ..... very clear and dont need too much power to run them

By JJ W. (bigjokerinthebox66) on Friday, June 27, 2008 - 4:44 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I have the momo singles and they are good speakers, but the faceplates always seem to rattle.

By Phil Jakubowski (65sanford) on Saturday, June 28, 2008 - 10:34 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
I have MOMos and they are great-big upgrade from my MB Quarts

By Joe (tonysdad) on Monday, June 30, 2008 - 9:27 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
What cans are you going to put them in? Make sure the opening is the right size. The speakers have a little bit smaller mounting diameter and I had to have some adapters made for mine. But it was worth it...they are REALLY loud when powered right and you would be hard pressed to get them to distort if you've got 'em hooked up right.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions Administration
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
WakeSpace is owned by eWake, Inc.
Copyright © 1996 - 2009, All Rights Reserved.
WakeSpace@WakeWorld.com