Trailer brake problem Log Out | Topics | Search | Register | Edit Profile | User List
Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Moderators | Help/Instructions
WakeWorld Discussion Board » >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive » Archive through March 18, 2009 » Trailer brake problem « Previous Next »
By Seth (seth) on Wednesday, June 25, 2008 - 8:02 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
My truck has a 4 prong hookup and trailer has 5 for brake release. The guy at the dealship told me just to flip it over when im backing uphill to disengage the brakes. It has worked fine so far. I did it the other day and forgot about it and towed my trailer about 10 miles. When I stopped the grease from my bearing buddies was all over my wheels and smoking hot. Is this from not flipping the hookup back over? Is it my brakes or axle? Has anyone seen this before?

By adam balon (adam_balon) on Wednesday, June 25, 2008 - 11:09 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
never flip the thing over they make the $10.00 5 prong for a reason. hopefully it doesnt cost you.

By Bob (bob) on Thursday, June 26, 2008 - 2:00 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
It should not have caused this problem. The way its supposed to work is you flip it over and turn your lights on, which power the lockout solenoid. All that should have happened is the brakes did not work during driving.....unless you somehow locked pressure in then of course you may need to inspect the brakes and regrease the bearings. I hate to sound sarcastic here but if you can afford a wakeboard boat and all the toys/gas that goes with it why have you not wired the 5 plug connector on and added the reverse light wire to lock it out properly?

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions Administration
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
WakeSpace is owned by eWake, Inc.
Copyright © 1996 - 2009, All Rights Reserved.
WakeSpace@WakeWorld.com