Serpetine belt for Mercruiser 350 Mag Log Out | Topics | Search | Register | Edit Profile | User List
Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Moderators | Help/Instructions
WakeWorld Discussion Board » >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive » Archive through March 18, 2009 » Serpetine belt for Mercruiser 350 Mag « Previous Next »
By Javony (javony) on Tuesday, June 24, 2008 - 1:28 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Has anyone ever tried to swap out the serpentine belt on your boat with an automotive serpentine belt? If so what size did you use for the Mercruiser 350 Mag engine? I tried to get the belt locally through boat service centers, but no one has it and they are on backorder through Marine Max til July 8th

By Art (rallyart) on Tuesday, June 24, 2008 - 2:02 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
You could use an automotive one with no problems. You need to know the number of ribs and the length. If yours is broken measure it with some nonstretch rope around the path of the pulleys. If you have the number from Mercruiser you might get a cross reference.

By Javony (javony) on Tuesday, June 24, 2008 - 3:07 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
The numbers from the one on the mercruiser belt do not match up with any references the auto parts store has on record. Using the rope to measure if a good idea, thank you.

By Javony (javony) on Wednesday, June 25, 2008 - 8:44 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Well I finally found the belt that matched up perfectly with the Mercruiser belt. I installed it last night and took it down to the water for an ops check, and everything work perfectly. This belt cost $32 vs. $87 for the 5005 belt from Mercruiser

By Art (rallyart) on Wednesday, June 25, 2008 - 8:58 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Now post the part number so the next guy can find it. I'm glad you got it. $50 is a nice free dinner you just earned.

By JTW (sangerlover) on Wednesday, June 25, 2008 - 10:19 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Yes, please post the part #

By Javony (javony) on Wednesday, June 25, 2008 - 12:38 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I'll post it as soon as I get home. I'm at work right now

By Javony (javony) on Wednesday, June 25, 2008 - 3:15 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I got the belt at Kragen Autoparts and it is a Good Year Gatorback 4060882. I hope this helps someone else out!

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions Administration
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
WakeSpace is owned by eWake, Inc.
Copyright © 1996 - 2009, All Rights Reserved.
WakeSpace@WakeWorld.com