MC X2 Port side ballast pump not PUMP... Log Out | Topics | Search | Register | Edit Profile | User List
Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Moderators | Help/Instructions
WakeWorld Discussion Board » >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive » Archive through March 18, 2009 » MC X2 Port side ballast pump not PUMPING!? « Previous Next »
By Brent (mcx2ryd) on Tuesday, June 24, 2008 - 12:48 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Hey all,

Installing the fly high rear sac kit in the X2 today and noticed my port side ballast tank full. Well I went to empty it out and my pump is just humming. No sounds of it working just a slight hum and no movement of water. What gives?

Anyone know how to troubleshoot this bad boy or is my pump ready to be replaced?

By corey king (snowboardcorey) on Tuesday, June 24, 2008 - 12:53 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
If you hear a slight hum but not the normal noise you would from your pump I would check the impellor. I've had a couple where the impellor looked fine but it was stripped on the portion that connects to the pump. I'm talking about the "keyed" portion of the impellor, you need to pull the piece and look at the back side, the black portion if you are running the yellow impellors.

By Brent (mcx2ryd) on Tuesday, June 24, 2008 - 1:18 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Had the boat 3 summers and never changed them out. No idea where they are actually!! I believe I have the old black impellers. Any guidance on how to check/ change these out would be great.

Thanks.

By Brent (mcx2ryd) on Tuesday, June 24, 2008 - 1:35 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Found the chewed impeller thanks corey!! Already on there way here i hope from the dealer! Now to get the rest of this sac kit in!

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions Administration
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
WakeSpace is owned by eWake, Inc.
Copyright © 1996 - 2009, All Rights Reserved.
WakeSpace@WakeWorld.com