Best replacement Carbeurator for 1988... Log Out | Topics | Search | Register | Edit Profile | User List
Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Moderators | Help/Instructions
WakeWorld Discussion Board » >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive » Archive through March 18, 2009 » Best replacement Carbeurator for 1988 Malibu 350 « Previous Next »
By Chad (oldschoolmalibu) on Tuesday, June 24, 2008 - 12:06 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Looking for a replacement carb for my GM 350 SB. Had the old Rochester Quadrajet rebuilt last year and I am just not pleased with it. Just going to replace the whole thing. Tips please?

By Snippy Tyno (ironcross25) on Tuesday, June 24, 2008 - 12:21 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
holly 650 or 750 cfm. My boat has a 650 and its a 454 and i think its small but I am not sure as for I base that off what i had on my car and I dont know if boat vs car would be the same

By Byron (bkoz) on Tuesday, June 24, 2008 - 12:26 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
You need to make sure whatever you get matches up with your manifold properly. Check and see if you manifold is spread or square bore style the go from there. 600 cfm with vacume secondaries would be my first choice but thats just me. Oh and make sure its marine, dont want to mess with non marine carbs espessially in enclosed engine compartments.

By Byron (bkoz) on Tuesday, June 24, 2008 - 12:29 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Oh and btw, you really cant beat a properly setup quadrajet. Chances are a Holly/Eddlebrock wont be as efficiant but easier to mess with than the quadrajet.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions Administration
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
WakeSpace is owned by eWake, Inc.
Copyright © 1996 - 2009, All Rights Reserved.
WakeSpace@WakeWorld.com