Stereo stuff on E-Bay??? Log Out | Topics | Search | Register | Edit Profile | User List
Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Moderators | Help/Instructions
WakeWorld Discussion Board » >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive » Archive through March 18, 2009 » Stereo stuff on E-Bay??? « Previous Next »
By eric ivey (ericlee) on Monday, June 23, 2008 - 5:40 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Anyone bought stereo equipment on E-Bay? I am looking to buy an amp that is around 600 here locally and I am finding the exact same amp on ebay at numerous listings new(as they say) for only aroud 300. Anyone ever buy stereo stuff on ebay and what is their experience? I am actually finding alot of deals on equipment that here locally is almost double what they are asking on ebay. Any feed back would be appreciated.
Thanks

By Steve (olskooltige) on Monday, June 23, 2008 - 7:48 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
All the time.

By Ken Land (bulletlines) on Monday, June 23, 2008 - 9:28 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Ebay is your friend...

Thanks,

Ken Land
Bullet Lines
www.bulletlines.com

By Sam Ingram (wakeboardsam) on Monday, June 23, 2008 - 9:46 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I bought my alpine pdx 4.150 and cmd5 for lilev half price off ebay. Both brand new! Ebay is great!!

By bb12 (bradenb12) on Tuesday, June 24, 2008 - 8:00 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Like Ken said, eBay is your friend! I buy stuff off of there all the time for cheap!

By Jason B (jason_b) on Tuesday, June 24, 2008 - 8:40 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Do it all the time. Get the Square Trade warranty if you are worried...they're relatively cheap.

By Hate N Pain (hatepain) on Tuesday, June 24, 2008 - 8:42 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
I too use them all the time just don't expect to get a manufacturer's warranty along with it. However, most of the better dealers on there provide a 1 year warranty.

By Jay (jay_g) on Tuesday, June 24, 2008 - 9:06 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
i bought all my stuff from ebay. But i used ebay stores not a single person selling one thing

By Stephen Higgins (srh00z) on Tuesday, June 24, 2008 - 2:32 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I just bought a Sony head unit and a set of Kicker KMT6 tower speakers off of eBay. It has warped my perception as to how much things should cost. I try to buy from stores too if they have the items available. Especially for electronics equipment.

By talltigeguy (talltigeguy) on Tuesday, June 24, 2008 - 2:42 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I have bought stuff from Ken Land even!

Watch carefully as Hate said, some have a warranty and some are not.

I did buy a camera and did not realize it was refurbished until after I bid. I was mad that a huge listing had one tiny sentence that pointed out it was refurbished. It works as good as a new one and was a fair amount cheaper, but I learned that I should read the ENTIRE AD and read it carefully.

By tom fischer (tomfish) on Tuesday, June 24, 2008 - 3:17 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
try to buy from the reputable online stores and you will save a ton of money and they generally have good service if something goes wrong. I buy almost all my stereo equip on ebay, I just can't pay full double retail after buying on ebay i'm ruined.

By Brandon Kee (trickyboarder08) on Thursday, June 26, 2008 - 9:44 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
yea, I buy anything electronic on ebay. It is just so much more cheaper. Go with a reputable source though. And about the warranties, even if there isn't any you can usually buy two of something on ebay for cheaper than you can buy one of it in a store.

By nu bu (05mobiuslsv) on Thursday, June 26, 2008 - 11:19 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
I hardly ever buy audio on ebay. There are many online retailers that have prices as good or better than e-bay for about anything you want to buy, and they shipping is usually about half of what the e-bay sellers want.

By Hate N Pain (hatepain) on Thursday, June 26, 2008 - 12:02 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Nu bu, help a brotha out. I never find it that low usually save myself quite a bit on ebay over anything I can find online. I typically negotiate off of ebay with the seller and get a great deal.

By nu bu (05mobiuslsv) on Thursday, June 26, 2008 - 12:09 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
What are you looking for?

By Orale G (burbanized) on Saturday, June 28, 2008 - 6:05 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Got most of my gear from EBAY

By Scott (chilidog) on Saturday, June 28, 2008 - 8:10 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
I just got an amp listed as 559 on various other known vendors for 279 shipped from ebay....buy it now price too...and for us californians we can avoid the 8% sales tax and shipping if you look hard enough.

If you are buying a new product make sure its not remanufactured, unless thats what you want, and make sure you get the warranty and all accessories(bass knobs etc.) if you get a screamin deal from a random joe you might not get everything you would expect, like they said above i look for an audio dealer off ebay so if any problems there is an actual business I can call up to deal with real people

(Message edited by chilidog on June 28, 2008)

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions Administration
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
WakeSpace is owned by eWake, Inc.
Copyright © 1996 - 2009, All Rights Reserved.
WakeSpace@WakeWorld.com