older supra rpm gauge question?? Log Out | Topics | Search | Register | Edit Profile | User List
Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Moderators | Help/Instructions
WakeWorld Discussion Board » >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive » Archive through March 18, 2009 » older supra rpm gauge question?? « Previous Next »
By Snippy Tyno (ironcross25) on Monday, June 23, 2008 - 7:24 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Ok I am in the process of fixing some things and my tach has not been working. My question is where does it connect on the engine?? What should i check to diagnose? Thanks

By Montgomery (lovin_the_wake) on Monday, June 23, 2008 - 8:19 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Mine doesn't work either it goes up to 1000 and that's it

By cmosley (da_mose) on Monday, June 23, 2008 - 11:19 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Here is a PDF scan of the electrical system Wiring Diagram from my 89 Sunsport Owners Manual titled Supra the 19'Series.

application/pdfUpload
Supra.pdf (91.8 k)

By nacho (denverd1) on Monday, June 23, 2008 - 1:15 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
usually off the distributor. not exactly sure how, since mine has two wires. pos and neg.

By Snippy Tyno (ironcross25) on Tuesday, June 24, 2008 - 5:27 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
On my 406 sbc in my nova it hooks in to the distributor which is the standard GM with an ignition that replaces the stock right on the cap. The boat had the coil seperate for the ignition so I just trying to fing the right wires. My boat has been such a PITA so far this year. If its not one thing its another thing.

By nacho (denverd1) on Tuesday, June 24, 2008 - 7:12 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
have you checked the guage?

By Snippy Tyno (ironcross25) on Tuesday, June 24, 2008 - 7:39 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Ive checked all the wires and they seem to look fine. no corrosion and are nice and tight.

By Art (rallyart) on Tuesday, June 24, 2008 - 7:56 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Tachometers normally get their signal from the negative side of the coil. Usually boats use a grey wire for the tach signal. The tach needs to have a ground and some also need power and a lighting power source. Should be four wires max. and could be two.

By nacho (denverd1) on Tuesday, June 24, 2008 - 8:51 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
That makes sense. 4 wires on the coil.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions Administration
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
WakeSpace is owned by eWake, Inc.
Copyright © 1996 - 2009, All Rights Reserved.
WakeSpace@WakeWorld.com