gel coat cracking on my 07 22ssv Log Out | Topics | Search | Register | Edit Profile | User List
Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Moderators | Help/Instructions
WakeWorld Discussion Board » >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive » Archive through March 18, 2009 » gel coat cracking on my 07 22ssv « Previous Next »
By peter trounce (907division) on Sunday, June 22, 2008 - 7:34 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
So I have a brand new 22ssv with less then 30hrs on it and I have to send it back to the dealership AGAIN because im getting cracks at the transom were the swim platform attaches. I had just got it back from them on friday because of cracks there, and they said they fixed them and reinforced the transom. We went out on saturday, and now I have new cracks on the transom that are in new places. Im wondering if any other people with supras are having this problem? And what can they really do to fix it? I dont want to keep taking it back every weekend. I know Skier's Choice make a great product, I had an 06 Moomba LSV and never had one issue...

By C.I.E. J-Rod (jarrod) on Sunday, June 22, 2008 - 8:04 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
It's common. Some people get lucky and never see a crack, some will get a few mild cracks, and some will have worse cases.

I happens to every make. It's not a manufacturer thing, it's a gel coat thing.

By WCW (walt) on Sunday, June 22, 2008 - 9:20 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post

quote:

It happens to every make. It's not a manufacturer thing, it's a gel coat thing.

True for the most part IMO but I think there are a few sketchy towers out there on some boats that make it worse.

By NAW (ripr) on Monday, June 23, 2008 - 6:49 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
If they are just cosmetic gelcoat cracks, why not just notify the dealer, document the date/time you called and who you spoke too and wait until the end of the season to get it cared for?

J-Rod is right...it's just the nature of gelcoat unfortunately.

By peter trounce (907division) on Monday, June 23, 2008 - 7:25 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
The only problem with waiting tell the end of the season is that I'm geting ready to move out of state back to Alaska. We dont have any dealers up there and I want to have everything taken care of by the dealer while Im here. Plus the service guy said that they were bad enough that he didnt want us to put it in the lake in fear that it might let water in cause some of them were pretty bad I guess. Im taking it to them this morning and see what they say....

By Adam Curtis (acurtis_ttu) on Monday, June 23, 2008 - 7:54 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
I have a few superficial spider cracks around my tower legs

By Ronia Nash (ladythump) on Monday, June 23, 2008 - 6:26 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
you're lucky you don't have blisters...
but that's another story. I have cracks around my tower and around the back on my transom up top. I love skier's choice!

By Tpyle (tpyle) on Monday, June 23, 2008 - 8:15 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I have no cracks on my 2006 21V...I love Skier's Choice too!

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions Administration
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
WakeSpace is owned by eWake, Inc.
Copyright © 1996 - 2009, All Rights Reserved.
WakeSpace@WakeWorld.com