Ballast bag question Log Out | Topics | Search | Register | Edit Profile | User List
Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Moderators | Help/Instructions
WakeWorld Discussion Board » >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive » Archive through March 18, 2009 » Ballast bag question « Previous Next »
By TODD YOST (yodd_tost) on Sunday, June 22, 2008 - 7:11 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
How do you get the factory glued in male quick release adapter off the ballast bags, I've heard of using a hair dryer, but have also heard that these can melt the plastic bag. any help???

By Aaron Ware (99_slaunch) on Sunday, June 22, 2008 - 8:54 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Mine will unscrew by hand. It seems like every body else's have a glue/loc-tite on them.

By TODD YOST (yodd_tost) on Monday, June 23, 2008 - 2:21 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Anybody else have any ideas???

By nacho (denverd1) on Monday, June 23, 2008 - 2:29 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
tried the hair dryer. The bag got "sticky" so I stopped twisting the **** out of it. I thought about some type of solvent, but not sure what would give the glue a chance to loosen up and keep the bag intact.

By jason callen (westsidarider) on Monday, June 23, 2008 - 4:41 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
why do you want the quick release off? its a pretty cool system.

By TODD YOST (yodd_tost) on Tuesday, June 24, 2008 - 12:57 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I bought 550s for side v drive with factory quick release, upgraded to 750s for the rear and want to use the 550s with the tsuanami pump other places in the boat ie the front

By Patrick Fort (pfort) on Tuesday, June 24, 2008 - 1:09 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I heated with a hair dryer and pushed hard to pop them off. That is how Fly High recommends removing them.

By TODD YOST (yodd_tost) on Tuesday, June 24, 2008 - 5:40 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
yeah i talked to the fly high guy today and thats what he told me and it worked whatyeh know

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions Administration
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
WakeSpace is owned by eWake, Inc.
Copyright © 1996 - 2009, All Rights Reserved.
WakeSpace@WakeWorld.com