Toyota Epic 22 V-Drive? Log Out | Topics | Search | Register | Edit Profile | User List
Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Moderators | Help/Instructions
WakeWorld Discussion Board » >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive » Archive through March 18, 2009 » Toyota Epic 22 V-Drive? « Previous Next »
By WakeShoe (wakeshoe) on Sunday, June 22, 2008 - 3:29 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I had never seen a Toyota Epic but I read about them on this forum. Last Friday, June 13th, I was driving thru Arkansas/Tennessee and I passed a really sharp looking light blue and white one with a teak swim platform. It looked brand new. So, I was wondering when did Toyota stop making the 22V? Just curious because this boat was perfect.

By lakeski (lakeski) on Sunday, June 22, 2008 - 6:47 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
They are sweet.

Toyota built Epics from 1999-2001. They introduced the '02's and then shut down after 9/11.

The fit and finish of a Toyota rivals many new boats being made today. That's why, if you see one that's been well maintained, it looks brand new as if it was still in production.

For more info on Toyota Epic:
www.epicmarine.com

By vlxray (vlxray) on Monday, June 23, 2008 - 5:07 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
I saw one on our lake last summer. It was some kind of special wake edition Epic and it looked sweet. The guy said it had a Lexus engine and ran super strong and smooth. The dude said that the wake is really killer as well.

If I was looking for an older model wakeboat I would try to find one although I expect that they are kind kind of scarce.

By Psyclone (cyclonecj) on Monday, June 23, 2008 - 5:24 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
They are out there. They go very cheap and are great on gas. See my profile pic.

By donaldrhill (dh03r6) on Monday, June 23, 2008 - 6:42 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
hey cyclone you ride lanier?

By Stephen Higgins (srh00z) on Monday, June 23, 2008 - 11:03 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
I have always liked them, that Lexus engine is a solid power plant. The only downside would be buying parts for it, but on the flipside, it seems like they are pretty reliable. I don't guess there was enough money in the market for Toyota to hang around. I have seen several DD's for sale over the years, not too many V-drives though, people must hang on to those.

By Psyclone (cyclonecj) on Monday, June 23, 2008 - 5:58 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Don,
Yes I do. Goin out on Shoal Creek tomorrow afternoon if you want a pull

By Jos (jtnz) on Monday, June 23, 2008 - 6:38 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Buying parts for a Quad Cam v8 a down side? How come? Toyota put that motor into EVERYTHING.

By Festivus Maxximus (festivus) on Tuesday, June 24, 2008 - 9:41 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
owned a 2001 S22. Great boat. Loved it, no complaints at all. Just wanted more room.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions Administration
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
WakeSpace is owned by eWake, Inc.
Copyright © 1996 - 2009, All Rights Reserved.
WakeSpace@WakeWorld.com