2009 Tiges Log Out | Topics | Search | Register | Edit Profile | User List
Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Moderators | Help/Instructions
WakeWorld Discussion Board » >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive » Archive through March 18, 2009 » 2009 Tiges « Previous Next »
By Ryan Lacefield (26lacefield) on Friday, June 20, 2008 - 8:33 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
i'm here at the US Open right now and got a look at all the new boats yesterday. theres lots of new changes that you all will like. i'm going to buy a digital camera today just to post some pics. forgot mine at home. they'll be up at the end of the day as long as tige says its cool that i post them.

By Jason B (jason_b) on Friday, June 20, 2008 - 8:43 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Matt beat you on tigeowners

By Timmy! (timmyb) on Friday, June 20, 2008 - 8:46 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
New for 2009:

* PCM Engines
* Tigé Alpha Z tower with built in docking lights & patented swivel light/pylon
* Low profile dash with 3.5" color display
* In floor ballast systems
* Gel coat designs
* Advanced memory speedset
* Built in trash receptacles
* Graphics
* Complete interior designs and vinyl
* Windshields

By Robb Davis (boarder_x) on Friday, June 20, 2008 - 8:59 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
The new tower looks like a cross between a Malibu and a MB.

http://www.tigeowners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7182

By Timmy! (timmyb) on Friday, June 20, 2008 - 9:10 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
I guess the built in docking lights on the tower are kinda cool, I'm just not a fan of the reverse tower though and it's one of the reasons I ruled out Malibu's at the beginning of my boat search.

By Sean Ellis (h2oproaccessories) on Friday, June 20, 2008 - 10:51 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
I like the docking lights as well. I like this tower over the Malibu tower.... I'm just not a big Tige fan... one year at the Surf Expo I was hearing that there were alot of unhappy dealers that were looking to swich their main line of boats to another and drop Tige.... but that was 2 years ago. things might have changed for them now.

By evil0ne (evil0ne) on Friday, June 20, 2008 - 11:17 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
For those of you that don't want to register at tigeowners.com here are the pics.

RZ2
Upload
Upload
Upload

RZ4
Upload
Upload

22Ve
Upload
Upload

24Ve
Upload

20V
Upload

By Todd (snyper1d) on Friday, June 20, 2008 - 11:34 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Wow...that's original

By tony burks (tonality) on Friday, June 20, 2008 - 11:49 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Lookin pretty sharp! I just wish i could find water like that...

I'm diggin that tower, looks like a good culmination of a few different ideas that have been floating around.

I like the graphics on that rz2, but i'm still glad i got away from in-gel graphics with my aesthetic ADD :-)

By Timmy! (timmyb) on Friday, June 20, 2008 - 12:02 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I used to think the in-gel graphics were the way to go until you look at some of the old Baja's and stuff with the yellow/pink/purple in the gelcoat that looked really cool 10 years ago and now it looks 10 years old. Something like flames in the gelcoat probably won't go out of style but other stuff will and that's when you want the ability to peel them off.

By Nick Tomsyck (sidekicknicholas) on Friday, June 20, 2008 - 12:04 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
better than malibu's tower...sure they copied but did it right.

By trainwreck (trainwreck) on Friday, June 20, 2008 - 12:08 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I would rock that RZ2.

They really did a good job this year.

By tampawake (tampawake) on Friday, June 20, 2008 - 12:22 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I agree with Nick its a similar design but they did it the right way looks great. Tige' is making some huge advances in the industry great looking boats.

By Tanner Russell (tanner) on Friday, June 20, 2008 - 12:30 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
What's with this talk of In gel graphics? I've seen this discussed anywhere, so why'd it pop up all of a sudden?

Gel Coat designs is reffering to the new gel coat themes

(Message edited by Tanner on June 20, 2008)

By Timmy! (timmyb) on Friday, June 20, 2008 - 12:36 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Calm down Tanner - noone is stating that they are in-gel...

By Tanner Russell (tanner) on Friday, June 20, 2008 - 12:40 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
O I'm calm ;) ... just curious how it popped up? I saw the post about getting away from in gel graphics and someone on tigeowners had brought up in gel graphics and not being happy about that.

By Timmy! (timmyb) on Friday, June 20, 2008 - 12:47 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I think some might be confused - the actual graphic is a sticker I believe but the colors are in the gel.

By Timmy! (timmyb) on Friday, June 20, 2008 - 12:49 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Here's the Z1:

Upload

By Sean Ellis (h2oproaccessories) on Friday, June 20, 2008 - 12:58 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
trainwreck..... they are playing it safe.... They are letting Mastercraft and Malibu do all the R&D... They tool a while to copy it though... If they had done it sooner, their new look would be accepted by everyone now. I know boat sales are not that great this year. It's got to be hard to fork out the money on new ideas when they dont sell. I also was told that Tige has slimmed down their production quite a bit. I dont know if it's true or not... but would imagine it is. I would think that all companines have slimmed their production down. Before too long..... malibu will have a forked front.... I love them.... it makes your boat have alot more storage! plus... I think that they are going to be around for a while... so boat companies would be retarted not to come out with one! What about you guys??

Who likes the forked fronts?

By Sean Ellis (h2oproaccessories) on Friday, June 20, 2008 - 1:00 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
wow.... that's super clean looking! I would like that look and tower on the new X-2's Dont get me wrong... i love my x-2 and the tower... but tige has a nice look on that boat.... (cant belive i'm saying this...)

By Timmy! (timmyb) on Friday, June 20, 2008 - 1:04 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I love the pickle fork on my RZ2, makes the boat feel a lot larger.

That Z1 is a bad azz looking boat, can't believe that's their "entry level" boat.

By Sean Ellis (h2oproaccessories) on Friday, June 20, 2008 - 1:22 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
timmy.... you need some matching kicker tower speakers for that beauty!

Upload

By Timmy! (timmyb) on Friday, June 20, 2008 - 1:25 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I have Wetsounds Pro 60's on mine now...

By Sean Ellis (h2oproaccessories) on Friday, June 20, 2008 - 1:52 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
oh oh... I just saw the pic in your profile... Update it so we can see them....

By Timmy! (timmyb) on Friday, June 20, 2008 - 1:59 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I have to get new pics, don't have any since mid-summer of last year.

By Ron Mexico (ron_mexico) on Friday, June 20, 2008 - 5:12 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
i think that rz is the new leader in my favorite boat category. all 09s have to knock that one off the leaderboard. (i know these are the 1st released)

i agree. tower is a little malibu like, but definitely for the better. are those lights in the front?

overall. great job tige. it looks like your buyer has one hell of alot of choices when buying a boat.

By Tanner Russell (tanner) on Friday, June 20, 2008 - 6:18 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Yep, lights on the front of the tower. And the light up top swivels, to give you light inside the boat if you need it, or to keep the light out of the boat if you wish that as well.

By Stephen Higgins (srh00z) on Friday, June 20, 2008 - 6:20 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
That tower on the RZ2 is so nice. The tower looks good on the other hull, but with the pickle fork and the angels built into the hull and transom, the tower just seems to fit. I am really liking that black/green color combo. Tige looks like they have really stepped it up for 09.

By Ryan Lacefield (26lacefield) on Friday, June 20, 2008 - 6:28 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Ron those are lights in the tower. also on the tower, where you hook the rope to that piece swivels so at night the light can be on the inside of the boat so give you a little extra light when your putting things away. anothering thing that no one has posted yet is that on the VE models there is cut outs on the backrests with 4 cup holders on each side so an additional 8 holders in each boat. i've got some pics and will try to figure out how to post them hahaha sorry guys not good with computers.

By Tanner Russell (tanner) on Friday, June 20, 2008 - 7:23 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
funny u mention that ryan. I was asking bout that on tigeowners

By Ryan Lacefield (26lacefield) on Friday, June 20, 2008 - 11:40 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
oooo haha. any other questions you have let me know and i've got the answers.

By Tanner Russell (tanner) on Saturday, June 21, 2008 - 2:27 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Do the cupholder slots have speakers in them? Also, are they on both sides or just the starboard? The pics just look like the starboard.

One of the guys at the event said he couldn't see what we were talking about, and thought it was just black vinyl.

By Adam Daily (dailyssv) on Saturday, June 21, 2008 - 6:12 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
what does an r22 cost.

By Ryan Lacefield (26lacefield) on Saturday, June 21, 2008 - 8:42 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
the cup holders are on bothsides. but they're only on the ve models.

adam- an rz2 can cost anywhere from 55 up to 68 or so. just depending on what options you order.

By nu bu (05mobiuslsv) on Saturday, June 21, 2008 - 8:54 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
New metcraft tower??

By Robb Davis (boarder_x) on Saturday, June 21, 2008 - 9:10 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Ryan,

The forward sweeping tower; is this a way around the CC patent? When Malibu first came out with theirs, I thought it was the ugliest thing I've ever seen. It is starting to grow on me. I was just wondering though, because MB and now Tige have followed suite.

By Ryan Lacefield (26lacefield) on Saturday, June 21, 2008 - 9:19 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
its just another tower for the customer to choose from. if some people like that forward swoop style why not give it to them. i don't know anything about the cc patent or even what your talking about haha. tige did put a patent on their tower designs like the built in tower lights, molded grab holes in the top of the tower, and the swivel rope hook up and light.

By Mike M. (tjhooker) on Saturday, June 21, 2008 - 9:49 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Pretty cool pics. BTW, I know Lake Travis in Austin, Texas like the back of my hand and those pics were taken on the upper end of Lake Travis near the Pedernales River. Maybe one or 2 pics on Lake Austin.

By William (kana12) on Saturday, June 21, 2008 - 12:06 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
thee 22ve graphics are GAYYYYYY !!!! the tower looks like an enzo and i think they went the way wrong route on this one. and i own a tige...

By Sean Ellis (h2oproaccessories) on Saturday, June 21, 2008 - 12:09 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
lucky you the graphics can peel right off....

By Steve (olskooltige) on Saturday, June 21, 2008 - 1:09 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Pics were not taken on Lake Travis.

By Mike M. (tjhooker) on Saturday, June 21, 2008 - 2:40 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Possum Kingdom since that lake looks very similar also?

By Scott (K.B.C.) (sperbet) on Saturday, June 21, 2008 - 2:57 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I like em and the new tower

By innov8actionsports.com (innov8) on Saturday, June 21, 2008 - 4:25 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Ryan CC invented the tower and patented it long ago.

Best looking Tiges yet.

By Tim M. (fast355) on Saturday, June 21, 2008 - 6:20 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I like the RZ2! Looks clean...

Nice job Tige'!

By Ryan Lacefield (26lacefield) on Saturday, June 21, 2008 - 7:16 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
ooooooooooo hahaha thanks innov8. the RZ's and VE's will have up to 5 presets on the speed controll too. i liked that i heard it. o and don't know if anyone had said it yet buy the rear ballast tanks are in floor now. and theres no weight restriction in the storage units on top of them unlike some of the other boats out there.

By evil0ne (evil0ne) on Sunday, June 22, 2008 - 8:00 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Ryan, send me the pics and I'll post them for you.

By David B. (dabell) on Sunday, June 22, 2008 - 5:30 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Tige is stepping it up this year. Too bad I got such a huge deal on my 07 RZ2. :-) Definitely not getting another boat for a long time.

By Kyle Duffy (duffmangt) on Sunday, June 22, 2008 - 8:08 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
so some of the tiges has cup holders not on the floor now? its small but i hated that about tiges when i was looking for boats...i dont want drinks on the ground >< also another thing i hated was that the price i was told was only the boat price...not the trailer...like i wasnt going to need a trailer? i think nautique and tige are the 2 that didnt come with a trailer...it baffled me. everyone else included the trailer in the pricing. but those were my only negatives about tige, i really wanted the rz2...and with these new updates maybe next time i'll give them another shot

ps: love the tower

By Jeff (wakeboardaddy) on Sunday, June 22, 2008 - 8:17 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
really like tiges aggressiveness, It makes me want a new rz2 in a big way. anyone looking for a sweet 22ve' 07' with 40 hrs. im dreamin' rz. great job, TIGE'.

By Kevin R Baugh (krbaugh) on Sunday, June 22, 2008 - 9:15 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
"* PCM Engines "

Shocking just shocking that they where switching engines again Who knew

http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/messages/3183/575211.html?1209649012

By shane mckenna (mckenna) on Sunday, June 22, 2008 - 10:36 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
well done tige. you have copied malibus tower and mastercrafts hull

By KJ (akdoc) on Monday, June 23, 2008 - 7:38 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Shane, well done MC, you copied Nautiques tower, and then you copied Cobalt on the picklefork design. Give it up you donut!

By Robb Davis (boarder_x) on Monday, June 23, 2008 - 7:55 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
KJ,

HA HA!! It has been a while since I've heard someone called a donut. (I think you meant doughnut though) Thanks for the laugh!!!!

Shane,

You do realize, that both Malibu and Tige are buying their towers from Metcraft right???? Since Mercedes had the first car, should Ford, Chevy, BMW, etc.... be accused of copying them? No, it's called adapting to what the consumer wants.

By David B. (dabell) on Monday, June 23, 2008 - 9:06 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
shane, the hull is not the same on the RZ2 and X-Star. The picklefork is not the same and Tige has a convex hull that the X-Star does not have. So, you idea that Tige copied the X-Star's hull is totally incorrect. Maybe (there might be a chance) copied the picklefork idea but DEFINITELY not the hull.

By donaldrhill (dh03r6) on Monday, June 23, 2008 - 9:51 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
shane what kind of boat do you own?

By Timmy! (timmyb) on Monday, June 23, 2008 - 10:05 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Malibu copied the Corvette

By Chris (prostar19) on Monday, June 23, 2008 - 11:46 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
KJ too bad you do not know the entire story about the Cobalt pickle fork MC did not copy it. MC and Cobalt had the same designer and both came out with MC chose to take more time developing the Hull to come up with the X-Star and Cobalt failed.

By donaldrhill (dh03r6) on Monday, June 23, 2008 - 12:01 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
UploadUploadWho was the first we have to know. When i was 5 i remember a fierce debate over who invented the velcro shoes keds or kangaroo.Upload

By OnlyInboards.com (wakereviews) on Monday, June 23, 2008 - 12:35 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
don't go there! Kangaroos!!! plus, i could keep lie 63 cents in the little side pockets.

By KJ (akdoc) on Monday, June 23, 2008 - 12:43 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Holy cow, so the Cobalt guy that also worked with Mastercraft copied the idea from a Hotboat!!!!!!!!

Robb, your welcome for the laugh, and donut is faster to type than doughnut!!

I think gateway copied my keyboard design from IBM....they should sue!!

By Mike (ponyh8r) on Monday, June 23, 2008 - 12:46 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Did you say in floor ballast...OK now I am really confused....I thought that Tige's didn't need balla...never mind.

By KJ (akdoc) on Monday, June 23, 2008 - 1:27 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
In floor ballast really is a nice feature, although I'm sure Tige won't make it very beefy. They need 2000 lbs. in them to make it right.

By TigeMike (chpthril) on Monday, June 23, 2008 - 1:53 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
"In floor ballast really is a nice feature, although I'm sure Tige won't make it very beefy. They need 2000 lbs. in them to make it right."

Based on the responses to a thread I started a few months back, all the manufactures need to add more, as the majority of the responders are adding to the factory ballast! This says that most are not satisfied with their boats current (factory weighted) wake. $.02

By Ryan (aces6692) on Monday, June 23, 2008 - 2:16 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
it looks like a mastercraft and a malibu mixed together

By Danny (boomerang) on Monday, June 23, 2008 - 3:42 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I hope there is more head room than in the Malibu, So you are not always hitting your head

By Josh B (joshugan) on Monday, June 23, 2008 - 9:06 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I like them! I've never been a big fan of Tige's lines but I think this tower looks great. It removes the problem Malibu's have of getting the rope caught in the racks and the integrated lights are awesome. I wish CC was doing this instead of their new tower.

By Roddyrod (wakeslife) on Monday, June 23, 2008 - 9:19 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Copy of other brands or not... that RZ2 looks awesome

By Brett Yates (polarbill) on Monday, June 23, 2008 - 9:29 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Are there options of what brand of tower speakers you can put on that tower or is your only option wetsounds?

By shane mckenna (mckenna) on Monday, June 23, 2008 - 11:03 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
donaldrhill - 08 supra 21v worlds edition.

everyone else - that youtube mastercraft add has never been more relevant. for those who have'nt seen it, search "mastercraft vs tige" on youtube.

By Darren Yearsley (ralph) on Monday, June 23, 2008 - 11:09 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
That black and yellow Z1 looks hot

By donaldrhill (dh03r6) on Tuesday, June 24, 2008 - 7:12 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
The pure anger at anything that is not what you have is amazing. I love all boats and most of all wakeboarding. If it is for OUR sport i fully support all brands. Shane im sure that supra is sick enjoy it,

By David B. (dabell) on Tuesday, June 24, 2008 - 9:05 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
There are other tower options that are available from Tige or you can just order a boat without a tower and put one on at the dealer.

By VLX Envy (cavlxenvy) on Tuesday, June 24, 2008 - 10:16 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Looks like Metcraft signed up to make towers for Tige.

Metcraft makes the Malibu tower. He also took the design and adapted it to Centurion. You can't blame him for signing with Tige.

By MattG (pierce_bronkite) on Tuesday, June 24, 2008 - 10:45 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Actually Metcraft made Tige towers along time ago, as far back as 1999 and 2000.

(Message edited by Pierce Bronkite on June 24, 2008)

By Billy (woreout) on Tuesday, June 24, 2008 - 11:37 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
I bet there not the cheap (inexpensive) alterative wakeboat anymore.
I think the best thing they did is to go with a reputable engine mfg like PCM. The hodge podge list of engine choices before wasnt very good, IMO.
The tower looks great !! It kills me why they would do all that R & D on a new tower and then use basically the same shotty board racks with bungee cords, makes no sense.

(Message edited by woreout on June 24, 2008)

By evil0ne (evil0ne) on Tuesday, June 24, 2008 - 11:44 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Metcraft towers on Tige's are affectionately knows as Metcrap because nearly all of them broke. If you didn't replace it you would be replacing it. Some other rumors are that Metcraft offered the Illusion to Tige but passed, probably do to the previous experience with their towers. Now that Malibu has been very successful with the tower it looks like Tige was willing to work with them again.

By TigeMike (chpthril) on Tuesday, June 24, 2008 - 11:47 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Marine Power: I'll take them over any other out there.

Mercruiser: Good setup, just bad service/support to the dealers.

PCM: No opinion yet other then they dont seem to have the balls that the Marine Power engines do.

By evil0ne (evil0ne) on Tuesday, June 24, 2008 - 11:51 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Billy, Marine Power definitely is a reputable inboard engine manufacturer. I just don't think they were ready for the new emissions.

By MattG (pierce_bronkite) on Tuesday, June 24, 2008 - 11:57 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Exactly what evilone said. Marine Power couldnt provide Tige with catalytic converters on their engines. California, which is a huge market for Tige requires catalytic converters.

Too bad because I have over 200 hours in my Marine Power and haven't had a single hiccup.(Knock on wood).

By Sam (wake1823) on Tuesday, June 24, 2008 - 12:02 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Yes, tige does haev some very cheesy OEM racks.

By Billy (woreout) on Tuesday, June 24, 2008 - 12:06 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I'm not saying Marine Power is a bad engine. The problem is Tige salesman had to always explain that Marine Power is a good engine. PCM and Indmar don't really need a extra sales pitch, people know the name. So I think using PCM is a step in the right direction for Tige.

By TigeMike (chpthril) on Tuesday, June 24, 2008 - 12:15 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
"The tower looks great !! It kills me why they would do all that R & D on a new tower and then use basically the same shotty board racks with bungee cords, makes no sense."

I agree that the 06 Wake Design racks did suck, but I doubt those are the same racks on the new MetCraft tower.

By evil0ne (evil0ne) on Tuesday, June 24, 2008 - 12:20 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Everything Wake Designs makes is garbage. Tige apparently has some relationship with Monster, I don't know why they have Monster build something for them.

By Ryan Lacefield (26lacefield) on Tuesday, June 24, 2008 - 2:14 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
sorry guys i keep remembering things that tige added for this year. they are using a new 32oz. upholstery. a lot better than the past stuff. and they also designed trashcans into all the boats. they're pretty cool. i suggest everyone to go check out the 09's when you have a chance. even if your not a buyer just give them a look. they'll give you a new respect for Tige.

By bryan lionel (lionel) on Tuesday, June 24, 2008 - 4:39 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
That's a big one Ryan, I was checking out the Z1 last year and the sunpad felt like plywood.

By Ryan Lacefield (26lacefield) on Tuesday, June 24, 2008 - 5:15 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
oooo and with the new alpha Z tower there will be a option for one of the board racks to be a surf rack that will hold 2 surf boards. the glove box door is also a lot better. not a little light weight plastic door. i think is aluminum but can't remember. i know it looks really good and feels real strong. i keep remembering thinks that were changed so as i do i'll keep posting them. and i'll try to get some more pics up. my camera that i took pics with broke so i'll give some dealers a call.

By Timmy! (timmyb) on Tuesday, June 24, 2008 - 5:25 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
The glove box door on the RZ'2 always has been aluminum.

By Jeff (wakeboardaddy) on Tuesday, June 24, 2008 - 6:19 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
07' 22ve glove box also aluminum, also made myself a billet mirror arm to go with it. Upload

By Ryan Lacefield (26lacefield) on Tuesday, June 24, 2008 - 6:42 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
i must be thinking of my friends 06 22ve oooo well either way it looks good.

By jason callen (westsidarider) on Tuesday, June 24, 2008 - 7:04 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
i like the new look of the RZ2 and RZ4. first time i can actually say i like the way their boats look. i just wonder if the wake still has that nasty lip that curls over at the top.

By Ryan Lacefield (26lacefield) on Tuesday, June 24, 2008 - 8:14 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
jason if it had a nasty lip at the top it must of had too much weight in the rear or not enough in the front and the taps too high. i run my RZ2 with 2500lbs in it with the weight about 50/50 in the boat. the taps is also ran at 6. if i have more people in it than 2 or 3 i run the taps down as i need it to keep that lip from curling and to keep it kicking.

By talltigeguy (talltigeguy) on Tuesday, June 24, 2008 - 9:14 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Jason,

I suspect that you were on a 22V or 24V without enough weight up front. I have not seen any lip on the Ve's or RZ models.
Personally, I think the older V models with a little extra weight up front is the better wakemaking machine, but it is probably just because that is what I am used to.

By bob snith (foilboy) on Tuesday, June 24, 2008 - 9:17 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Tige has never had an original design or thought.
All they do is copy.
Still no snap out carpet.

By Ryan Lacefield (26lacefield) on Tuesday, June 24, 2008 - 9:25 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
still no snap out carpet. maybe next year but Bob wouldn't that be copying the other brands that do have it already hahahaha. nay sayers crack me up. sorry if you don't like my comment.

By David B. (dabell) on Tuesday, June 24, 2008 - 9:35 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
bob, interesting that you say that. Then why was Tige able to patent the Convex Hull design and Taps2 technology? They couldn't copy that hull or TAPS2 from anyone because they would never have gotten the patent.

Your ignorance to various models of boats is definitely shining through your little brain.

By JK (justridin) on Tuesday, June 24, 2008 - 9:55 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Was Tige not the first towboat to offer a 102'' wide model? Seems to me the early ones were deeper, as most towboats have since become.

The Tige Lifetime Replacement Warranty is not a copy of anyone else.

Tige has taken so much heat on these boards in the past but they just keep pressing forward.

By Ray (wakeborder5) on Tuesday, June 24, 2008 - 10:10 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I agree with JK, I don't know why Tige is hated on so heavily. I have had a 2000 Tige 21V, a 2003 SAN, and now a 2004 Tige 22V and have liked all of them pretty equally except for the 21V's wake and since Tige has made much better hulls

By TigeMike (chpthril) on Wednesday, June 25, 2008 - 4:09 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Hay Bob, what kind of boat do you have? Mine is clearly stated in my username and Profile because I'm proud of my Tige and enjoy every minute in it. I dont need to bash other's boats to feel good about mine so why do you.

Your comments make no sense.......you bash Tige for, as you inaccurately state "all they do is copy", then bash them for not "copying" everyone else by going to snap out carpet. There are consumers out there that dont want/need snap out carpet.

Get a life $.02

By tampawake (tampawake) on Wednesday, June 25, 2008 - 7:40 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
I ride mostly behind a MC never behind a Tige. However, I can't believe how silly and childish people are on these boards. Grown men talking s@#t about other peoples boats? Its like a damn kindergarden class my dad can beat up your dad blah blah blah. Bob you don't like Tige' great go buy something else give reasons why you don't like etc. As far as copying who cares. Every business copys another business and builds on it improves it and sometimes makes it worse but copying who cares. Come on guys your killing me.

By RPenner (pennery) on Wednesday, June 25, 2008 - 7:50 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Jeff That Mirror Arm is Sweet.. Nice work!

By donaldrhill (dh03r6) on Wednesday, June 25, 2008 - 8:14 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
my 99 tige has snap out carpet. also for anyone who cares the "project" tige i bought is really coming along tigemike i just ordered a new tower will post picks when i get it.

By Chris (committed) on Wednesday, June 25, 2008 - 8:25 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Those who speak out against "a" brand of towboat on a Wakeboarding site, are kooks 110%. Your not a rider, that much I know. Go back to working the Fries Station, and pray you get that promotion to the Drive Thru before summer ends. DB's.....

By Mike (ponyh8r) on Wednesday, June 25, 2008 - 8:51 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
I think Tige takes a lot of heat because they design stuff so closely to the original. This is not a bash, just a reason as why I think it happens. Although a great idea, Supra, Nautique, Malibu, etc have not done a picklefork boat. Again with the tower, no one besides Tige has decided to copy the forward tower that closely. Tige makes great boats, I have owned one and would own another, I am just trying to suggest a reason as to why they catch so much flak on the boards.

That is a sweet mirror arm jeff!

By Dante (hal2814) on Wednesday, June 25, 2008 - 10:31 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
The picklefork has roots going back a lot further than Mastercraft:

Picklefork: I'll never join you!
Tri-Hull: If you only knew the power of the Dark Side. Mastercraft never told you what happened to your father.
Picklefork: He told me enough! He told me *you* killed him!
Tri-Hull: No. *I* am your father.
Picklefork: No. No. That's not true. That's impossible!
Tri-Hull: Search your feelings, you *know* it to be true!
Picklefork: [anguished] No! No!

By jason callen (westsidarider) on Wednesday, June 25, 2008 - 12:43 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Ryan and tall tige guy- it has been at least 6 years since I've ridden behind a tige. Back then it didn't matter how you weighted the boat it always had a wash at the top of the wake. You could minimize it but then the wake got almost too wide. From the looks of their more rescent hull designs that may have changed. But like I said it has been at least 6 years, maybe closer to 10.

By Ryan Lacefield (26lacefield) on Wednesday, June 25, 2008 - 12:50 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
jason- a lot has changed from 6 to 10 years ago. if your ever up in the fresno area and wanna take a set or 2 let me know. the boat is always ready.

By talltigeguy (talltigeguy) on Wednesday, June 25, 2008 - 4:47 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Jason,

The last year of Tiges to have spray pockets were in 2002. Spray pockets were initially invented to decrease the spray so that it would not hit a slalom skier who was skiing close. (I think) The spray pockets made a little lip of foam on the wake whenever the boat was weighted. It really is cosmetic, as that it was not big enough to feel. My 2002 had them and you could see it if I had enough people or weight in the boat.

Of note, the spray pockets did allow the transom to settle in deeper and make some of the best wakesurfing hulls ever. Surfdad, Jeff Walker, has one and I think he has been very pleased with the wake and his son has become one of the top wakesurfers around. They have a 23V.

By jason callen (westsidarider) on Wednesday, June 25, 2008 - 5:28 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
yea my buddy and i used to sit on the back of the boat and stick our feet in the water just behind the boat to see it the wake cleaned up and it did. those pray pockets were horrible. im glad they dont do those anymore.

By donaldrhill (dh03r6) on Thursday, June 26, 2008 - 7:58 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
anybody have a detailed pic of the spray pocket? I have a 99 22i do i have them? when i slam the boat it gets a little washed.

By Ron Mexico (ron_mexico) on Thursday, June 26, 2008 - 11:41 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
funny. is that a seat on the back of a brand new in 2008 x35??Upload
Upload

By Ron Mexico (ron_mexico) on Thursday, June 26, 2008 - 11:41 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
funny. is that a seat on the back of a brand new in 2008 x35??

By J Whelan (kneeboarder8806) on Thursday, June 26, 2008 - 11:47 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
you cant tell anything from the pic of the mc you posted.

By Cody sizzle (cody_08_lsv) on Thursday, June 26, 2008 - 11:51 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Ron wat r u getting at by saying this? that mastercraft is now copying tige or vice versa?

By Ron Mexico (ron_mexico) on Friday, June 27, 2008 - 1:05 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
my only point is that tige came out with a seat across the back of the boat in 06. they were the first to bring this to ski/wake market. then in 07 nautique does it. and 08 mastercraft.

THIS ENTIRE INDUSTRY COPIES EACH OTHER!!!! THAT IS WHAT MAKES IT SO COMPETITIVE!!!!

Upload

By Ryan Lacefield (26lacefield) on Friday, June 27, 2008 - 1:10 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
well said Ron. Tige was also the first to have a trim tab(Taps Plate) on the back of the boats. I think pretty much every inboar boat manufacture out there has a trim tab or wake shaper as most people call it.

By Timmy! (timmyb) on Friday, June 27, 2008 - 1:28 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Who was the first company to have a swim platform because everyone else has copied them and pretty blatantly too.

Tige has coolers, storage and cupholders on the transom, which wakeboard company did they copy that from?

(Message edited by timmyb on June 27, 2008)

By Tanner Russell (tanner) on Friday, June 27, 2008 - 1:55 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Ryan just FYI Supra had them back in 1981.

However, Tige was the first to base their hull to work in conjunction with this tab. As well as the first to introduce a hydraulic tab to the towboat market.

By Trapper (canucked) on Friday, June 27, 2008 - 2:21 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
who was the first to use fiberglass for boats (the rolling my eyes smiley)

By Murphy Smith (murphy_smith) on Friday, June 27, 2008 - 4:10 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
yo Mama was!!!!!!

just kidding...this thread is ridiculous

By Chris H. (04gravitygames) on Friday, June 27, 2008 - 4:22 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Man i like the black and green RZ. Looks sweet. I think Tige has done a great job and been comming up in the market.

By TK (swab791) on Friday, June 27, 2008 - 4:59 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
MasterCraft never claimed the FIRST picklefork!
MasterCraft was and did bring it to the inboard/wakebiard industry first! 2003 was the year that MC teamed up with a designer who was also proposing it to Cobalt...an i/o company.

With that said MC brought it out first, then the designed failed on Cobalt. Now many other manufactuers have come out in the inboard industry with there own Pickle Fork. MB Sports, Tige, etc.

Yes copying is a great form of flattery. Just get your facts right. Tige please, come out with something original that you came up with yourself. Yes your new lines are AWESOME looking, the tower copy PLEASE give us a break already. The idea of that trim tab (TAPS) that is a joke. All the thing does is prevent your boat from porposing down the lake. It is a PATCH job for a badly designed hull. Take that thing off or run your boat up and down that lake at 20-24 MPH and see what happens.

PS I can't wait to see the pitting and pealing on that NEW tower from Tige or whoever is making there towers this week!!! I don't think that you want that wrap like BU does. All the chrome pitting and coming off.

2009 should prove to be a very very interting year. I wonder who will fall next?

By Lucky275 (lcky275) on Friday, June 27, 2008 - 5:39 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Ummm, Mastercraft uses a trim tab now...

By David B. (dabell) on Friday, June 27, 2008 - 6:45 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Tk,

Where is your facts to follow the TAPS idea of porpoising?

Tige did not come up with the tower design. You are right. Metcraft did and offered it to Malibu first. Malibu turned it down and they went to other companies. Tige then decided to put the new towers on their boats.

TK, you might need to do some research on the ideas you have mentioned before you stick your foot into your mouth. $.02

As some have already said, everyone has taken ideas from other manufacturers to include pickleforks, trim tabs, seats in the back of the boat, ...

By Ron Mexico (ron_mexico) on Friday, June 27, 2008 - 7:07 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
it sounds to me like EVERY BOAT COMPANY IN THE INDUSTRY has a bad hull design.

i'm with murphy. this thread is ridiculous.

copy in or not. tige is making the right moves just by giving people an equally competitive option.

By JK (justridin) on Friday, June 27, 2008 - 10:27 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
"It is a PATCH job for a badly designed hull."

TK,
Is that statement right out of the mc salesman's handbook? Everytime Tige becomes the topic here, you provide us with another line like this. Tige has designed enough hulls by now that they could build one without a trim tab if they wanted to. Just like mc has learned how to build hulls without glue-in pieces, cheater fins for rudders, and retro-fit tower braces. None of these companies are perfect but they are all trying hard to provide the consumer with great designs and features.

Does that x-35 transom seat have some storage in it like the Tige original?

By donaldrhill (dh03r6) on Saturday, June 28, 2008 - 8:30 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
I racked my brain to try and figure out why everyone is arguing about such a useless subject. Then i realized when someone spends thousands of dollars on something they have to convince themself they made the right choice. So they hate everything that they didnt buy. I used to be proud of the wake community. my two cents

By David B. (dabell) on Saturday, June 28, 2008 - 8:37 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Interesting thought donaldrhill. This thread was started for the 2009 Tige line while others seek enjoyment to downplay or say something about a boat that they have no idea or knowledge of. I would bet that 90% of the people that provide negative feedback on Tige's have never ridden behind one.

So, your point is found here. :-)

By donaldrhill (dh03r6) on Saturday, June 28, 2008 - 11:18 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
man dave your profile pick is sweet

By David B. (dabell) on Saturday, June 28, 2008 - 11:42 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Thanks but it's for sale :-) Bought myself a new white/orange 2007 Tige RZ2 with a Lightning Audio sound system... It rocks.

Now, upgrading the tower to the new Alpha Z Tower might be in my best interest in a year. :-)

By Kevin Hoye (wakebrdr38) on Saturday, June 28, 2008 - 4:15 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
"First i get step for my door, then he must get step for door. Then i get glass for my window, then he get glass. I get clock radio, he cannot afford clock radio..GREAT SUCCESS!" in my best borat voice

By Ed (rz2007) on Thursday, July 17, 2008 - 12:43 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Ok, I just have to laugh at the fact that Malibu 2009 is now taking some styling cues from Tige. Notice the side Cut-out's.... how very RZ'ish. Sorry.... I just couldn't resist. :D (Credit to Tanner - TigeOwners)

Upload

By Jeff (wakeboardaddy) on Thursday, July 17, 2008 - 3:33 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I dont have pics but most of the bu line for 09 will also have a transom seat and a walk thru transom. hmmmmmm tige had it first i believe! tige is still one step better on the walk thru because you can step right into it from the dock. and still have room for the ladies to lay on the sunpad.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions Administration
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
WakeSpace is owned by eWake, Inc.
Copyright © 1996 - 2009, All Rights Reserved.
WakeSpace@WakeWorld.com