Prop crazy tight. Help? Log Out | Topics | Search | Register | Edit Profile | User List
Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Moderators | Help/Instructions
WakeWorld Discussion Board » >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive » Archive through March 18, 2009 » Prop crazy tight. Help? « Previous Next »
By Jeff Vaaler (jcv) on Thursday, June 19, 2008 - 12:25 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
So I dinged up the ol' prop a little last night, and need to take it in for a re-shape. However, the bad boy won't budge, prop-puller and all. I'm officially stumped.

Playing amateur mechanic a little: it looks like the inner pin may have shifted, somehow catching on to the prop.

By JT (peachman) on Thursday, June 19, 2008 - 12:40 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Suck the prop puller down as tight as you can, take a rubber mallet and hit the front of the prop. Give it a couple good smacks and it should pop loose.

JT

By Wakejunky (wakejunky) on Thursday, June 19, 2008 - 12:57 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Worse case is to heat up the prop and then start whacking.

Chris
www.wakejunky.com

By Art (rallyart) on Thursday, June 19, 2008 - 12:59 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Propane torch to heat the prop while the puller is tight might also help.

By Art (rallyart) on Thursday, June 19, 2008 - 1:00 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Wakejunky types faster than me...

By Jeff Vaaler (jcv) on Thursday, June 19, 2008 - 1:06 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I'll try the mallet...the torch I don't have access to.

By C.I.E.....Evan (guido) on Thursday, June 19, 2008 - 1:25 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
You can get a propane torch at any hardware store for less than $20.

By "G" (grant_west) on Thursday, June 19, 2008 - 1:36 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Yup the Torch is the Ticket.

When my GOOD buddy Caesar ran my boat on shore and DESTROYED my $400 ACME prop the only thing that got it off was a torch. We took it to this Hillbillys shop and he took a torch to the prop and about 3 or 4 hits with the mallet and it came right off. The prop looked hammerd. I handed it to him and said Her's your new prop.
2 Weeks later he handed me back my dammaged prop. It looked like brand new. OMG all is forgiven.
P.S I a havent tryed the repaird prop. (its my new spair) If I put it back on and it vibrates then Im comming after you Caesar !!!!!! LOL

By Steve (olskooltige) on Thursday, June 19, 2008 - 3:00 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
BFH is the ticket.

By Karl De Looff (boarditup) on Thursday, June 19, 2008 - 7:05 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Use a steel hammer - a 2 lbs. or hand sledge. It has to ring - vibrate the prop off. Try it before the torch.

By William (kana12) on Thursday, June 19, 2008 - 8:03 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
torch it damn it !!

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions Administration
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
WakeSpace is owned by eWake, Inc.
Copyright © 1996 - 2009, All Rights Reserved.
WakeSpace@WakeWorld.com