Stereo Question Log Out | Topics | Search | Register | Edit Profile | User List
Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Moderators | Help/Instructions
WakeWorld Discussion Board » >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive » Archive through March 18, 2009 » Stereo Question « Previous Next »
By Trevor Dean (drilldaddy78) on Thursday, June 19, 2008 - 11:11 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
I want to have a seperate knob for the volume on my tower speakers im putting in this week. I was planning on running a 4 channel amp to run the tower and in boat speskers. Would a gain control work? Do the gains adjust seperate on each channel of an amp? Is there a better way to do this? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
By showtz (showtz) on Thursday, June 19, 2008 - 12:20 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I dont like to control the volume with a gain control because you can easily adjust it too high and produce distortion. We hooked up the RCA outs so that the Front channel is the amp for the inside speakers and the rear channel is the towers. Just fade between front and rear to adjust volume. The wet sounds 420 is the ideal solution but its pricy.

By Sam (wake1823) on Thursday, June 19, 2008 - 1:08 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
^^^^the 420 will only work with multiple amps.

you need an inline ( on the speaker wires) attenuator. They sell them online and at radio shacks, I think?

By nacho (denverd1) on Thursday, June 19, 2008 - 1:12 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
PAC LC1 You can put one knob on each pair of RCAs you have. Much easier than gain control.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions Administration
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
WakeSpace is owned by eWake, Inc.
Copyright © 1996 - 2009, All Rights Reserved.