07 lightning ballast issue... Log Out | Topics | Search | Register | Edit Profile | User List
Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Moderators | Help/Instructions
WakeWorld Discussion Board » >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive » Archive through March 18, 2009 » 07 lightning ballast issue... « Previous Next »
By chasin7 (chaser) on Thursday, June 19, 2008 - 7:55 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
A friend of mine has a new 07 Centurion Lightning. It has a single ballast tank. Looks like it has a self priming pump to fill (looks like my water puppy, but it's not reversible) and an aerator type pump to empty. There is also a filter in the system. The problem is the tank doesn't want to fill. The pump runs but doesn't seem to draw the water up. He says he bleeds the air out of the line by messing with the filter then it starts to fill. I thought with a self priming pump this wouldn't be necessary? Very frustrating to have to mess with this everytime on the water. Any thoughts on what the problem would be?

By Mispella (jon43) on Thursday, June 19, 2008 - 8:08 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
is there a shut off valve if so make sure it is open when you put the boat in the water, or it can cause a air lock and the pump will never draw water

By chasin7 (chaser) on Thursday, June 19, 2008 - 8:38 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
yes, there is a shut off valve. It is always left open. One suggestion the dealer made was to close that valve before leaving the lake everytime to keep water up in the line and the pump primed. That would work. That is also somewhat of a hassle and I wouldn't think this is how they would design it to work?

By AtTheLake (bmartin) on Thursday, June 19, 2008 - 9:28 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Have you tried throwing it in reverse, then shutting off the engine to get the boat to gently drift in reverse while starting the pump? Sometimes this will help prime the line.

By chasin7 (chaser) on Thursday, June 19, 2008 - 10:48 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
problem found. Not exactly sure what it was, but some sort of valve (maybe a check valve) was installed in the ballast system that wasn't suppose to be installed? It is only suppose to be in boats with multiple ballast tanks? Or something like that according to his dealer.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions Administration
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
WakeSpace is owned by eWake, Inc.
Copyright © 1996 - 2009, All Rights Reserved.
WakeSpace@WakeWorld.com