Speaker locations for VTX Log Out | Topics | Search | Register | Edit Profile | User List
Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Moderators | Help/Instructions
WakeWorld Discussion Board » >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive » Archive through March 18, 2009 » Speaker locations for VTX « Previous Next »
By Nick Davis (ndavis03) on Tuesday, June 17, 2008 - 3:48 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I have a 2007 Malibu VTX with the 4 stock Rockford Fosgate speakers. 2 of them are on the dash, under the windshield, and the other 2 are located in the side consoles behind the grab rails. I am thinking about adding another 2 or 4 speakers, but don't know where. The bow has 2 spots and I think wires are already run there, but I don't know how difficult it would be to get speakers in there. Any suggestions?

By VLX Envy (cavlxenvy) on Tuesday, June 17, 2008 - 4:02 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
North Main is pro at doing those. It's not hard. You can put two more by the v-drive.

By Nick Davis (ndavis03) on Tuesday, June 17, 2008 - 4:08 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Thanks Ryan. Do you know if wires are already run to the bow? I was thinking about adding 2 by the v-drive, but don't know how difficult it would be to cut the holes for them. Also, any suggestions for EQ mounting locations?

By Nick Davis (ndavis03) on Tuesday, June 17, 2008 - 4:09 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Ryan-by the way, how do you like your new wetsounds?

By VLX Envy (cavlxenvy) on Tuesday, June 17, 2008 - 4:38 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Cutting the holes isn't that bad. You will be measuring and cutting the carpet for a lot longer than you will be cutting the holes.

The wetsounds are nice. The headroom is nice and I'm not gonna lie. It was purely a functional move and I have no regrets.

By Bryan (westsiderippa) on Wednesday, June 18, 2008 - 12:40 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
i prefer the bow speakers to be placed slightly tucked back in the bow where the stash cutouts are on the sides. i dont like it when they are cut into the seat back. you can put as many as you want arounf the seat base but just the 2 next to the vdrive is clean and will be hidden by your plastic tray insert. any others will be seen unless you build custom enclosures. 6x9 side by side fit perfect there. standard amp rack location is usally under the passenger side storage next to your batteries. dry area being the key.

By Nick Davis (ndavis03) on Wednesday, June 18, 2008 - 8:23 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Bryan-that's where I hoped to put the speakers in the bow. I am wondering if 6.5s will fit there though. I hear you on the clean look of the speakers next to the vdrive. That's probably my best bet.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions Administration
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
WakeSpace is owned by eWake, Inc.
Copyright © 1996 - 2009, All Rights Reserved.
WakeSpace@WakeWorld.com