Skylon After Shock Log Out | Topics | Search | Register | Edit Profile | User List
Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Moderators | Help/Instructions
WakeWorld Discussion Board » >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive » Archive through March 18, 2009 » Skylon After Shock « Previous Next »
By Dave S (bogiedog1) on Tuesday, June 17, 2008 - 9:42 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Has anyone tried the Skyon After Shock attachment that makes it possible for the board rack to pivot toward the boat?

A lot of $$$ but if it works...

http://www.wakeside.com/product/brands/boat/skylon/skylon_wakeboard_racks/skylon+after+shock+wakeboard+rack+2008.do

By Brandon Kee (trickyboarder08) on Tuesday, June 17, 2008 - 12:02 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
$289 and you still have to buy the rack. That makes it $578 to upgrade 2 boardracks. I think i'll stick to doing it the regular way.

By Brian Loren (blwakeguy) on Tuesday, June 17, 2008 - 1:09 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
NICE RACK AND LIGHTNING ACCESSORIES HAVE SIMILAR SWINGING ATTACHMENTS AND THEY ARE ALOT LESS MONEY.

By Stephen Higgins (srh00z) on Tuesday, June 17, 2008 - 6:22 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I have been emailing hinge companies to find something similar to convert my Batracks. I was thinking about using an automotive suicide hinge kit. They should be plenty strong enough and are about the right size and are pretty cheap. Anybody got any thoughts.

By Dave S (bogiedog1) on Wednesday, June 18, 2008 - 9:16 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
How much does one of those suicide hinges cost?
I guess I'm just thinking how much $$ do you save and will it be something that rattles around up there.

I looked at Lightning's website but their rack doesn't pivot.

By Stephen Higgins (srh00z) on Wednesday, June 18, 2008 - 9:23 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Suicide hinges with lubed bushings can be found on ebay for around 100-125 for a pair. I may try them out at some point in time. I haven't heard back from any of the other hinge manufacturers

By Ron Zap (zapisor) on Sunday, June 22, 2008 - 11:48 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
These came on my Falcon/evo tower they work well and don't rattle, however they only turn 90 degrees so 5 times out of 10 we don't even pivot them.

By steve cox (steve300ex) on Sunday, June 22, 2008 - 2:54 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
don't waste your money, i was just on a falcon with them and almost got smacked in the face twice because of them coming unlatched from rollers and other wakes. very scary to have boards swinging into the boat when your doing 25mph.

By steve cox (steve300ex) on Sunday, June 22, 2008 - 2:57 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
don't waste your money, i was just on a falcon with them and almost got smacked in the face twice because of them coming unlatched from rollers and other wakes. very scary to have boards swinging into the boat when your doing 25mph.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions Administration
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
WakeSpace is owned by eWake, Inc.
Copyright © 1996 - 2009, All Rights Reserved.
WakeSpace@WakeWorld.com