Boat Opinion Log Out | Topics | Search | Register | Edit Profile | User List
Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Moderators | Help/Instructions
WakeWorld Discussion Board » >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive » Archive through March 18, 2009 » Boat Opinion « Previous Next »
By Ryan P (waketx05) on Sunday, June 15, 2008 - 11:18 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
So.. I'm lookin into buyin my first boat and I dont have enough to go buy brand new.. I found a 2000 X-Star for 25k.. seems like a good deal.. I was j/w if anyone thinks its too high?? Is it a good boat.. wake size? shape? any feedback is appreciated

By Nick Schrein (wakeboardern1) on Sunday, June 15, 2008 - 11:29 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Well, it's the 205V hull, and I just rode behind a 98 version of it (same thing), and loved it. We sacked the crap out of it though. Like, 4000 lbs or something. I'm sure Jeff Goldblum at one point may swing by here and toss in his two cents on that boat, or not, I don't know. But I was riding at 80 feet, 26 mph, and was solidly going wake to wake on it. Nice and meaty, and boots you well. Don't know anything about the price though, but the wake is sick.

And isn't that the same year as what Andy Nintzel has? Or is it an 01? The pics of that wake that I've seen are terrifyingly big, so yeah.

By Ryan P (waketx05) on Sunday, June 15, 2008 - 11:32 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
so after you overload it above factory ballast.. you will see the meat.. but will it still hold that "x-star" shape that i always hear about?

By Jake (nwsjake10) on Monday, June 16, 2008 - 6:21 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
that boat is prob. one of the best boat hulls made, period. There's only a small amount of boats that you can really put into that category. Depending on how what shape the boat is in, and how many hrs have been put to the motor, that price seems fair. If the people selling really want the sale, they should let you have a water test. Take it for a demo, and find out for yourself if it's worth the 25k.

By Erik (etakk7) on Monday, June 16, 2008 - 7:20 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
yeah it's a great boat. 2000's still have the one piece motorized hatch and the old blocky tower, but the wake is the same.

It's hard to say if 25k is a good deal not knowing hours and condition. If seen boats from the 2000 range with ripped seats, 1000 hrs, etc. Then there's mine that I got a couple years ago on a stroke of luck which is still under 20hrs and spotless.

No worries about the wake at all. I'd check the tower for cracks in the welds as well as stress cracks in the gelcoat where it attaches to the boat. Vinyl rips, or more commonly, unstiching, specifically on the rear sunpad. Due to issues with the hull retaining water in the bilge, I would make sure the steering wheel can be turned with a couple fingers, otherwise you could need a steering cable. Also, check the tranmission fluid to see if there is water in there.

By Dan Smith (dansmith) on Monday, June 16, 2008 - 8:10 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
25K seems a bit high to me. I have some friends who sold their '03 X-2 (same hull) last year. This boat was immaculate. No scratches, dings, cuts, mold, anything. The owners were borderline OCD.

They sold it for ~ 30K. Here's the link just so you have something to compare against:

http://www.dcwake.com/component/option,com_forum/Itemid,27/page,viewtopic/t,4071/postdays,0/postorder,asc/start,0/

I'd keep looking.

By Jake (nwsjake10) on Monday, June 16, 2008 - 8:58 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
http://www.onlyinboards.com/Advanced-Search.aspx?Price=1000;25000&State=KS&ID=0&City=&Key=

here was one in KS, may even be the one you're looking at? its a '00 right at 25k. Looks like a nice boat to me.

By Erik (etakk7) on Monday, June 16, 2008 - 10:57 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
edit to my above post - 200 hrs, not 20 hrs

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions Administration
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
WakeSpace is owned by eWake, Inc.
Copyright © 1996 - 2009, All Rights Reserved.
WakeSpace@WakeWorld.com