Has this ever happened to anybody? Log Out | Topics | Search | Register | Edit Profile | User List
Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Moderators | Help/Instructions
WakeWorld Discussion Board » >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive » Archive through March 18, 2009 » Has this ever happened to anybody? « Previous Next »
By Alex (watson_134_lf) on Saturday, June 14, 2008 - 10:39 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Upload
Upload

for those of you who are unfamiliar with malibu........that isnt what the wedge is supposed to look like

By Joe Umali (dakid) on Saturday, June 14, 2008 - 10:45 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
happened to my friend 7-8 times. malibu replaced each time.

By Jay (jay_g) on Saturday, June 14, 2008 - 10:49 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=joXHoWz5vPM

By Andy Nintzel (andy_nintzel) on Saturday, June 14, 2008 - 10:53 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Wow! Thats nuts! I was on my buddies malibu ride behind in and the wedge broke off. What did you hit? How did the boat react?

By wakeboard2escape (wakerpunk) on Sunday, June 15, 2008 - 5:02 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
my friends broke off the malibu response lx.

By George Aslinger (mobv) on Sunday, June 15, 2008 - 5:35 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
I believe there was a recall on the bolts used in that model wedge. Malibu will replace the wedge, make sure the bolts are tight everytime you use the boat.

By Tim Krutz (timmy) on Sunday, June 15, 2008 - 5:54 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
it happened to me when I hit a turtle

By ManFox (h20jnky) on Sunday, June 15, 2008 - 6:05 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
that poor turtle..

By nathan okrusko (cresko) on Sunday, June 15, 2008 - 6:24 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
that picture most likely applies to when the bolts that held the arms to the plate were re called. After that they started welding the arms to the plates and now one arm will never break like that.

By Roddyrod (wakeslife) on Sunday, June 15, 2008 - 2:05 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Looks like it might work real well like that for surfing the starboard side

By Alex (watson_134_lf) on Sunday, June 15, 2008 - 7:05 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Ya it was the bolts on the bottom that broke. My dad said that there's no way they would replace it, but Malibu is always good with their customer service. I did notice it tho, cuz the wake was really lopsided even tho I had the boat balanced. And I don't have a surfer, otherwise I would have tried it before I took it off!

By Kellen Ringen (kel_dub) on Sunday, June 15, 2008 - 7:08 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
If possible try to have it replaced with the three bolt version.

By Tim (srock) on Monday, June 16, 2008 - 5:18 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
I have a 2001 sunsetter. Could that happen on my model. If so, what do I do before it happens?

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions Administration
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
WakeSpace is owned by eWake, Inc.
Copyright © 1996 - 2009, All Rights Reserved.
WakeSpace@WakeWorld.com