Cabin Cruiser Riders Log Out | Topics | Search | Register | Edit Profile | User List
Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Moderators | Help/Instructions
WakeWorld Discussion Board » >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive » Archive through March 18, 2009 » Cabin Cruiser Riders « Previous Next »
By Nick Schrein (wakeboardern1) on Friday, June 13, 2008 - 3:44 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
So, we have a Sea Ray Sundancer 240 (1996 I/O), and turns out that it's awesome for wakeboarding. We just got the trim setting right the other day, and the wake is freaking incredible. Here, I've been riding behind this little P.O.S deckboat that we have, when it turns out we have a boat that throws a peaky wake that just happens to be massive. So we just pulled the trigger on a Monster Tower for the thing, which should be here next week. I'm so stoked about it.

I'll have some video later tonight to show the wake...

So who else here rides behind a cabin cruiser?

By Jesse Johnston (watersnake) on Saturday, June 14, 2008 - 11:33 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
What kind of fuel consumtion does that cruiser have? Prob worth it if you get a BIG WAKE from it!

By Nick Schrein (wakeboardern1) on Saturday, June 14, 2008 - 2:18 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Decent. I haven't really checked it out. It's a 210 hp on a 4000 lb boat, so yeah. And apparently my mom doesnt know how to use a video camera, so no pictures or video of the wake for a while.

By Jesse Johnston (watersnake) on Saturday, June 14, 2008 - 7:38 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Ride it and have fun! Post some pics when you get a chance.

By Matt Murphy (ncsuuh) on Saturday, June 14, 2008 - 8:06 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Is it a cabin or a deck?

By Art (rallyart) on Saturday, June 14, 2008 - 8:47 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Just watch out for that prop. You really don't want to fall forward on an I/O. Upload

By AndY (andy13) on Saturday, June 14, 2008 - 9:58 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Art im not really sure he could fall 75' forward while the boat is travelling 20+mph and hit the prop but he may be risking it

By Art (rallyart) on Saturday, June 14, 2008 - 11:00 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I misread it and thought it said Wake Surfing. My Bad.
Oh well, at least I got to post a fun GIF. Sorry Nick.

By Nick Schrein (wakeboardern1) on Sunday, June 15, 2008 - 9:46 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Lol, nice art. I've seen some people wakesurfing behind some I/O's, and even an outboard, and just shook my head in disappointment...

By Paul (psudy) on Monday, June 16, 2008 - 8:27 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
While technically its not a cabin cruiser, we were boarding behind my Cobalt 292 this last week. The wake had a little wash on it at 23, but we only had three people in the boat, so I don't know if it would have been better loaded down. The wake was very large and very, very wide, but you would expect that from a 8,000lbs boat.

By Nick Schrein (wakeboardern1) on Monday, June 16, 2008 - 8:31 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Holy crap. That's a HUGE boat... I saw Man Overboard recently, and one of the guys was going out into the flats behind a boat like that. The wake was like, 20 feet wide, and completely washed out, but he was doing it. It was nuts.

By chris (rio_sanger) on Monday, June 16, 2008 - 8:45 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Many, many years ago as a teen, we used to surf behind huge inboard sportfishers like Bertrams, Hatteras, etc.

Great surf wakes about 50-60 feet back of the boat, we could have a surfer on each side, since they were twin screws the wake was equally good port and starboard.

By Paul (psudy) on Monday, June 16, 2008 - 9:37 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
I thought the wake would be a lot more washed out than it was. It was actually pretty clean with just a little wash on the top. I have to say I liked it just as much, if not better than my old Xstar. It was very rampy and would just float you. Of course I am getting old.

By trey mclendon (tdiggity) on Monday, June 16, 2008 - 5:46 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
we went once behind our tow boat, we run ustow on allatoona, its a 28ft privateer hull , the wake was freakin terrifying about bellybutton high and firm as a rock, very clean though

By Gene Williams (gene3x) on Tuesday, June 17, 2008 - 2:34 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
210hp seems very underpowered for that size boat.

By Paul (psudy) on Tuesday, June 17, 2008 - 7:28 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Its only 24ft, so a 210 I/O is probably fine.

By Ken Toby (towboat_222) on Tuesday, June 17, 2008 - 7:30 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
I surf behind a 40 DA Sea Ray Great wave a pain in the butt when you fall

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions Administration
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
WakeSpace is owned by eWake, Inc.
Copyright © 1996 - 2009, All Rights Reserved.
WakeSpace@WakeWorld.com