Intalling Perfectpass on a GT-40 Log Out | Topics | Search | Register | Edit Profile | User List
Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Moderators | Help/Instructions
WakeWorld Discussion Board » >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive » Archive through March 18, 2009 » Intalling Perfectpass on a GT-40 « Previous Next »
By BLAIR BARHAM (jonblarc7) on Friday, June 13, 2008 - 3:24 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I bought a used perfect pass so I don't have any instruction and I tried calling Perfectpass but their already closed for the weekend. I printed off every thing I could from there web site but I don't have any instruction on where to mount the servo bracket on 95 GT-40 and how to hook it to the throttle body. Any thing would help I would love to finish this by this weekend.

By Chris Hopf (chrishopf) on Friday, June 13, 2008 - 3:25 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
you lucky punk!

By Sean Ellis (h2oproaccessories) on Friday, June 13, 2008 - 3:27 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
call up Perfect Pass... I have used them before when I had my old boat. They were helpful.

By Chris Hopf (chrishopf) on Friday, June 13, 2008 - 3:29 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
hey sean...did you not read what he wrote??

By Sean Ellis (h2oproaccessories) on Friday, June 13, 2008 - 3:34 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
snap... I'm an idiot! I totally just scanned it and skipped over that part.... let's try this again....

call them on Monday... :-)

By Sean Ellis (h2oproaccessories) on Friday, June 13, 2008 - 3:38 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
You might not have all of the parts there... In the instructions on the website it shows pictures. I remember it being VERY simple. The servo was just clamped to a water hose with a hose clamp. You just needs to give the Perfect Pass cable enough room so that it's not bending too much. Doesnt really matter where it's at... as long as the cable can move without being in a bind and the servo isnt going to fall off or anything....

By Chris Hopf (chrishopf) on Friday, June 13, 2008 - 3:39 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Blair, do you have the manual for your engine?

P.S. How's your riding?

(Message edited by chrishopf on June 13, 2008)

By BLAIR BARHAM (jonblarc7) on Friday, June 13, 2008 - 4:14 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Does the perfectpass cable come from the back of the boat to the throttle body. This is the only picture I have to go by.

Upload

http://www.perfectpass.com/download/troubleshooting/ServiceManual.CorrectCraft2005.pdf (Page 17)

(Message edited by jonblarc7 on June 13, 2008)

By Scott (K.B.C.) (sperbet) on Friday, June 13, 2008 - 4:49 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
yes, if I remember correctly the servo attaches to a water hose on the rear port side of the engine, the PP cable then wraps around the back of the engine and attaches at the picture above

By BLAIR BARHAM (jonblarc7) on Sunday, June 15, 2008 - 9:23 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Do you take the bracket off. It just dosen't seem like they would make this nice bracket just to have a hose clamp hold it on. Also I don't see any way for the throttle cable and the servo cable to attach to the same thing. Dose any body have any pic of there motor showing how the bracket attaches?

By Mikeski (mikeski) on Sunday, June 15, 2008 - 9:55 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
like this.

Upload

By Matthew Bird (ldr) on Sunday, June 15, 2008 - 9:59 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
That looks perfect to me

By BLAIR BARHAM (jonblarc7) on Sunday, June 15, 2008 - 2:03 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
ok dang, my bracket is different than that. I guess I need to call perfectpass and get a different bracket. Or just find somewhere else that I can mount it.

By BLAIR BARHAM (jonblarc7) on Sunday, June 15, 2008 - 2:54 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I think I found a place I can mount it. I'm 98% sure I have the wrong bracket. NOW does the servo cable and the throttle cable pull from the same direction or does the servo cable pull opisite the throttle cable. Finally should I have an adapter to hook the two cables together and the throttle body. I really should have just bought this thing brand new!!!!!!!!

By Joe B (sailing216) on Sunday, June 15, 2008 - 7:01 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
pics from the other 'Rev Limiter' thread that may be PP related:

http://www.perfectpass.com/pp_support_figure_A.html

By nonya bidness (h2oskeefreek) on Sunday, June 15, 2008 - 8:38 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
The servo cable pulls from the opposite direction of the throttle cable.

By BLAIR BARHAM (jonblarc7) on Monday, June 16, 2008 - 6:22 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Thanks Joe I didn't get everything I needed from the person I bought it from, but you live and you learn. I'll call perfectpass and get the L adapter.

Thanks to all once I get this last part it won't take me 30 min to finish it up.

Chris: My riding has been getting better even though I had to take a week or so off because I took a knee to the ribs. I was thinking about maybe getting together sometime in July. Brooke also really needs some help. I just can't seem to keep her from taking diggers when she try's to clear the wake.

By Richard (nauty) on Monday, June 16, 2008 - 8:28 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
www.wakesiderides.com has a pretty detailed write up on installing Perfect Pass. They even heave pictures for every step as well. That's what I used when I installed mine. It was very easy!

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions Administration
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
WakeSpace is owned by eWake, Inc.
Copyright © 1996 - 2009, All Rights Reserved.
WakeSpace@WakeWorld.com