My dad is a genius! (fake fake-a-lake... Log Out | Topics | Search | Register | Edit Profile | User List
Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Moderators | Help/Instructions
WakeWorld Discussion Board » >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive » Archive through March 18, 2009 » My dad is a genius! (fake fake-a-lake) « Previous Next »
By Dan (pwningjr) on Friday, June 13, 2008 - 1:31 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
My dad came up with another way to make a fake-a-lake today-

Just thought I would put it in here for the archives for future searches :-)

To be honest, we don't know if it works yet...

Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload

The whole idea behind this is the fake fake-a-lake we had before was just smaller than the through-hull on our sn2001.

By J Whelan (kneeboarder8806) on Friday, June 13, 2008 - 1:36 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
sorry to take you off your high horse, but this has been done like 8 billion times before your dad "invented" your solution. maybe not the small inner tube though.

By Dan (pwningjr) on Friday, June 13, 2008 - 1:39 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
yeah, the inner tube was the main idea.

sorry to be on a high horse.

By GrandmasterB (bp909) on Friday, June 13, 2008 - 1:56 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
you can also unhook the intake line from inside the boat and thread the water directly into it from there. (on most inboards)

By Peter Chandler (peter_c) on Friday, June 13, 2008 - 2:18 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I have a fake a lake and found it scary to use, as a movement of the boat could cause it too leak or fall off completely. Hooking into the cold side of the shower fitting is 100% reliable.

By nu bu (05mobiuslsv) on Friday, June 13, 2008 - 2:21 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
The country crock is my favorite part

By 1boarder_kevin (1boarder_kevin) on Friday, June 13, 2008 - 9:34 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I can't believe its not butter.

By KevinL (kevin_lsv23) on Friday, June 13, 2008 - 10:30 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I just don't get how useful a lake small enough to fit in that tube would be. I mean you couldn't even fit the boat in it let alone a rider, plus it would already have a damn tuber in it. Adding the fake butter was an awesome idea though, too bad the tube would ruin it.

By Smiley D. (smknsmly) on Friday, June 13, 2008 - 11:05 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
you should just use the plunger..minus the country c0ck

By Josh B (joshugan) on Saturday, June 14, 2008 - 1:42 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Actually I think it is a pretty good idea. Even pressed up tight against the boat my homemade fake-a-lake leaks like crazy. The innertube probably does the job perfect. Thanks for sharing Dan!

By Jay (jayc) on Saturday, June 14, 2008 - 7:46 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Many 2001s had a vetus water strainer fitted as standard. You can just open the lid and stick the hose it there.

Better than crawling round underneath the boat

By Chad Davis (garman) on Saturday, June 14, 2008 - 7:50 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
"plus it would already have a damn tuber in it. Adding the fake butter was an awesome idea though,"

By AndY (andy13) on Saturday, June 14, 2008 - 10:00 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
"I just don't get how useful a lake small enough to fit in that tube would be. I mean you couldn't even fit the boat in it let alone a rider, plus it would already have a damn tuber in it. Adding the fake butter was an awesome idea though, too bad the tube would ruin it."

By Mikeski (mikeski) on Sunday, June 15, 2008 - 10:07 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
I hate fake a lakes, they can fall off and burn up your impellers. It's easy to T a hose fitting into the cooling suction line. I do it to all of my boats.

By wake_addict (radikal) on Monday, June 16, 2008 - 12:14 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
whats a fake a lake , what is is for ?

By Stephen Higgins (srh00z) on Monday, June 16, 2008 - 1:25 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
You hook a hose pipe to it, wedge it under the boat where the water scooper thru hull is that allows you to run the boat on dry land without overheating the engine or frying your impeller.

By Phatboypimp (phatboypimp) on Monday, June 16, 2008 - 6:01 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
AndY - you are killin me..

Kneeboarder.....you are an arse - take your hate somewhere else.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions Administration
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
WakeSpace is owned by eWake, Inc.
Copyright © 1996 - 2009, All Rights Reserved.
WakeSpace@WakeWorld.com