Protection for fiberglass swim platfo... Log Out | Topics | Search | Register | Edit Profile | User List
Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Moderators | Help/Instructions
WakeWorld Discussion Board » >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive » Archive through March 18, 2009 » Protection for fiberglass swim platforms??? « Previous Next »
By Tom Howard (prostartjh) on Wednesday, June 11, 2008 - 10:38 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
I am curious to know what people are using to protect the edges of their fiberglass swim platforms from skis, wakeboards and surfboards? In the past I have used the Transom Shield material will fairly good results. The problem is the curved areas of the platform are hard to keep the material adhered too and thus is has started to come off. Also, the material has started to discolor.

Any other ideas out there?

By David B. (dabell) on Wednesday, June 11, 2008 - 10:47 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
I have seen Gator Grip put there on a few boats. However, if you like the see thru stuff, there isn't a lot of companies that sell that stuff.

By Hangar Pilot (jpuckett) on Wednesday, June 11, 2008 - 5:53 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
The swim platform on my Centurion Typhoon has a rub rail all the way around it.

Upload

By Sugadance (mr_nuggieborn) on Thursday, June 12, 2008 - 11:11 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Bakes has transom pad's that protect your transom from getting scratched by boards and ski's. Its been a life saver from sun fading my fiber glass too. http://www.bakesonline.com/searchresult.aspx?CategoryID=512

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions Administration
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
WakeSpace is owned by eWake, Inc.
Copyright © 1996 - 2009, All Rights Reserved.
WakeSpace@WakeWorld.com