Anyone have issues with Attwood Tsuna... Log Out | Topics | Search | Register | Edit Profile | User List
Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Moderators | Help/Instructions
WakeWorld Discussion Board » >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive » Archive through March 18, 2009 » Anyone have issues with Attwood Tsunami Aerators? « Previous Next »
By Matt (loudsubz) on Monday, June 09, 2008 - 6:54 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I bought one for filling/emptying my ballast setup. I emailed Attwood to see if they were submersible (which they are), but the Tech also noted they were not meant to transfer large quantities of water.

So that got me wondering, how long do these pumps last for ballast use?

By trace (trace) on Monday, June 09, 2008 - 6:57 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I'd say that by "large quantities of water", he is probably talking about something quite a bit larger than 100 gal or so, like a swimming pool.

By trace (trace) on Monday, June 09, 2008 - 7:51 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Oh, and I think I'm on my 3rd season on 8 of them in my boat. No problems.

By Fro-Z (froese) on Wednesday, June 11, 2008 - 9:09 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
No problems - great company to work with. They sent me hard to find fittings at no cost when I was building my ballast system on my boat.

By nacho (denverd1) on Wednesday, June 11, 2008 - 9:39 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
the easy to access cartridge is nice too. in case you ever need to clean it. got some debris in there over the weekend (filling a starting pool, pump was sitting on bottom in 1' of water) it was cleaned out and pumping again in 15 seconds.

By Matt (loudsubz) on Wednesday, June 11, 2008 - 6:54 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
where can you get the fittins that attach to the aerator?

i think they are 1 1/8". I briefly checked HD with no luck.

By Erik (etakk7) on Wednesday, June 11, 2008 - 7:02 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
fly high has fittings

By Fro-Z (froese) on Thursday, June 12, 2008 - 12:06 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
The 1 1/8" is impossible to find other than what fly-high carries (look on buywake.com for fittings).

I needed a specialized female threaded-to-hose barb and Attwood hooked me up for free. If you are building an internal ballast system, just keep that in mind.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions Administration
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
WakeSpace is owned by eWake, Inc.
Copyright © 1996 - 2009, All Rights Reserved.
WakeSpace@WakeWorld.com