Engine alarm going off? Log Out | Topics | Search | Register | Edit Profile | User List
Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Moderators | Help/Instructions
WakeWorld Discussion Board » >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive » Archive through March 18, 2009 » Engine alarm going off? « Previous Next »
By mark (marknjenn) on Monday, June 09, 2008 - 6:29 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
We had an alarm go off yesterday while surfing and I was wondering if anyone might know what it was. The alarm came from under the dash, we were idling at the time. Temp and OP was good. Went off again after we pulled out, key was off. Alarm stoped when I opened the engine hatch. The engine is a Merc 350Mag mpi. Any help on this would be a great help.
Thanks!
Mark

By Robert Beckei (rbeckei) on Monday, June 09, 2008 - 6:41 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Check all fluid levels.

By Jesse Lee (ldp_rider) on Monday, June 09, 2008 - 11:26 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Mark, it's that loud beep that you hear when you start the boat and it beeps like two or three times but it won't go off when the boat is on right? I had the same problem and there is a plastic connector under the dash that I just disconnected. Did it last year but it was somewhere near the gauges and ignition switch. Call your service place and they could help diagnose the problem if you want to have the sound. I couldn't deal with it for the whole weekend when it happened so I took matters into my own hand. I haven't had any problems so far.

By Paul (gherk) on Monday, June 09, 2008 - 5:40 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
It would probably be helpful if you mentioned what boat it is as well.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions Administration
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
WakeSpace is owned by eWake, Inc.
Copyright © 1996 - 2009, All Rights Reserved.
WakeSpace@WakeWorld.com