towing with a ranger? Log Out | Topics | Search | Register | Edit Profile | User List
Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Moderators | Help/Instructions
WakeWorld Discussion Board » >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive » Archive through March 18, 2009 » towing with a ranger? « Previous Next »
By Bryan (westsiderippa) on Saturday, June 07, 2008 - 11:34 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
would i be able to tow my vlx with a 4x4 ranger with the 4.0 liter v6. when i say tow i mean like 300 yards from my storage to the ramp. i just dont want the truck to float away if it slides down the ramp. lol. and its an automatic trans. what do you all think. thanks B. and i just want opinion on this specific truck and no others please.

By J Whelan (kneeboarder8806) on Saturday, June 07, 2008 - 11:56 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
if it were me. i would get a friend to do it for me or something. i wouldnt want to risk it

By Bryan (westsiderippa) on Sunday, June 08, 2008 - 1:57 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
this is nuts right here. ford says a tow capacity of 6000#.Upload

By Art (rallyart) on Sunday, June 08, 2008 - 6:42 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
There would be no problem at all. The automatic will be better than the manual tranny and the FWD will get you up anything.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=KWE5e_H47MI
It's much better than this.

By Robb Davis (boarder_x) on Sunday, June 08, 2008 - 8:04 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
You will be fine. I had my Tige and towed it with a Nissan Frontier (3.3L). I towed that thing quite a ways, up hills. I had a stick too. ... One ramp we have is pretty steep. I would put it in 4L, otherwise, I couldn't get it going. It would stall. :-)

Since you aren't going far, you will be fine. The real problem, is the smaller trucks don't have the weight to stop the trailer on the highway. If something happens.

Just go slow.

By Leo Lasecki (malibuboarder75) on Sunday, June 08, 2008 - 8:06 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
We pull our malibu response lx with a v6 4X4 explorer. The 4X4 makes a HUGE difference. Pulling the boat down the street is no problem, but pulling the boat up the ramp definately requires 4X4.

By nu bu (05mobiuslsv) on Sunday, June 08, 2008 - 9:35 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Bryan it will be fine.

By DAVE J (montana_sanger) on Monday, June 09, 2008 - 10:15 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
I pull a Sanger V215 with a 4x4 4.0L Ranger all the time I also use it for boat shows and have pulled V237's and larger boats, stopping can be a treat in a panic situation, but I don't have far to go.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions Administration
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
WakeSpace is owned by eWake, Inc.
Copyright © 1996 - 2009, All Rights Reserved.
WakeSpace@WakeWorld.com