perfect pass problems Log Out | Topics | Search | Register | Edit Profile | User List
Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Moderators | Help/Instructions
WakeWorld Discussion Board » >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive » Archive through March 18, 2009 » perfect pass problems « Previous Next »
By Ace (sinister_designs) on Tuesday, June 03, 2008 - 12:40 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
I have just recently purchased a 2006 Mastercraft X2 with the perfect
pass option however I am having a problem with the display
When I turn the ignition to "on" the perfect pass lights up and makes a
beep but nothing is displayed.ie.. the backlight is on and the whole
screen glow's a yellow/green color.
So I press the "on" button on the perfect pass display and it will beep
but still no display.
I have also tried it with the motor running albeit for only 30 sec or so
but still no display. The Volt meter in the boat is displaying 13 odd volts.
I have also checked the red power lead and it is reading 12.5 volts.
just wondering if anyone else has had this problem??

I have spoken to both perfect pass and my dealer just waiting for there reply's

regards

By Geoffrey Haynie (06outbackv) on Tuesday, June 03, 2008 - 1:32 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
My perfect pass is doing almost the same thing. When I turn the boat on the display glows green but nothing is on it and it produces a loud constant hum. I contacted Perfect Pass and they told me it sounded like the module was jacked up. I just sent the module off to them today so they can see whats up with it. My boat is an 06 as well.

By Scott Legge (w00taz) on Tuesday, June 03, 2008 - 2:14 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Take the battery to an auto parts store and have it tested.

By Ace (sinister_designs) on Tuesday, June 03, 2008 - 11:02 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
i hope it is not the module as the boat was a "new old stock" from the dealer so has had very little use

By Geoffrey Haynie (06outbackv) on Wednesday, June 04, 2008 - 5:09 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
My boat only has 30 hours on it and the perfect pass has already pooped out.

By John Deacy (jaybee) on Wednesday, June 04, 2008 - 5:42 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Does anyone else get moisture in their screen. Mine is starting to get pretty bad and wondering if there is a way around it or whether the cover will just pop off and i can wipe it off?

By Jason Nelson (sv216) on Wednesday, June 04, 2008 - 7:36 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Don't feel bad, my boat had 4hrs on it when the servo motor seized up. I called perfect pass and spoke to Arron and he said to pull it apart ond try to free it up and it may last for another week or two untill I take it in for my service. It was full of moisture and the tolerances are so tight that it don't take much to corroede the servo and seize. My new one I will add some silicone around the end caps of it to help seal it up. It had some but obviously not enough.

By Ace (sinister_designs) on Wednesday, June 04, 2008 - 1:25 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
hmmmm so perfect pass seems like it has quite a few problems then.

By Aaron Adams (perfectpass_pro) on Monday, June 09, 2008 - 6:19 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
The servo motor is one of the more problematic parts of the system. But let's not get to many problems mixed together. The key to diagnosing a gauge problem is... do the buttons still beep? Check the connection to the MasterModule to ensure the plugs are securely connected.

P.S. In the case where you are getting a constant tone, that is a module problem.

Aaron

By Jason Nelson (sv216) on Monday, June 09, 2008 - 7:27 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
No, I wouldn't say PP has quite a few problems. A few issues here and there just like any other product on the market, think how many are out there that haven't had any problems. Of coarse you only here about the issues not about the systems that work flawlessly. Service is A+...

By HeHateMe (hamkj) on Monday, June 09, 2008 - 9:07 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
YES ACE IT DOES. Good observation. Perfect Pass is put in almost every tournament boat known to man... and you have read a thread that has about 3-5 people who have had problems... and you comment that is has a lot of problems...

"hmmmm so perfect pass seems like it has quite a few problems then."

I think alot of problems are user error or not reading the manual...

Just out of curiousity... is less than 5% problems considered a lot? or less than 1%... or more...or less?

By Tony (guitsboy) on Monday, June 09, 2008 - 11:59 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
If you have a newer multi line display / gauge, you need the newer software, 6.5 I believe. If you have an old master module, and have not replaced the chip, then a newer gauge will only light up and beep, but will not display anything. Im going through this very same thing as we speak.

By Scott Legge (w00taz) on Monday, June 09, 2008 - 2:42 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I just got off the phone with them too. I installed the stargazer system in my boat a couple weeks ago. Be careful how you route the new signal cable going from the computer to the in dash display. My screen hoses up and turns off eventually. I have good power in my boat good alt starts fine every time. They said it's likely signal noise from an adjacent cable to the perfect pass display cable.

By Ace (sinister_designs) on Wednesday, June 11, 2008 - 3:20 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Easy big fella
This is my first boat with perfect pass and it had a bad gauge from the dealer.. As far as problems I myself have been in 4 boats over the last 6 months and all had had problems of one kind or another with the system so my personal experience is prob not the best. I do however think that is the best system available and will continue to use it and recommend it to others.
btw I would class less than 1% as a few
more than 5% as a lot
and I would agree that 3 people replying that they have problems is not a lot but I never said it was a lot either.

By Tony (guitsboy) on Wednesday, June 11, 2008 - 3:23 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Yes, ive had a couple defective pieces as well. Their customer service is good, however the fedex shipping charges are what kills you.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions Administration
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
WakeSpace is owned by eWake, Inc.
Copyright © 1996 - 2009, All Rights Reserved.
WakeSpace@WakeWorld.com