Nor Cal Lake Levels Log Out | Topics | Search | Register | Edit Profile | User List
Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Moderators | Help/Instructions
WakeWorld Discussion Board » >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive » Archive through March 18, 2009 » Nor Cal Lake Levels « Previous Next »
By Ian (family_deckhand) on Monday, June 02, 2008 - 11:19 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Anyone been out to Lake Oriville, Don Pedro, Berryessa, or New Hogan this year? How are the lake levels. I just heard that Oriville is going to be closing down for the summer because of the water level. Are there any lakes that look good right now in Nor Cal?

By malibudude (malibudude) on Monday, June 02, 2008 - 11:25 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Oroville is ~142' down, still plenty of water but the ramps should stay open through labor day according to officials up there.

Berryessa is of the above listed lakes in the best shape.

By Ian (family_deckhand) on Monday, June 02, 2008 - 11:40 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
We were just today that they will be closing Oroville the week of July 7th. We had a week long trip planned on 7-14 and are now canceling it.

By malibudude (malibudude) on Monday, June 02, 2008 - 1:03 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I find that interesting when the lake typically drops 1' a day. The ramps are open until about 200-201' down. So unless there is a water supply draw needed for emergencies it should be open to at least August. Current elevation is 142' down so 60' to go to the 200' mark puts us at August 1st.

By C.I.E. J-Rod (jarrod) on Monday, June 02, 2008 - 1:20 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Wow, I hope they don't close Shasta. It would be heart breaking to have to cancel our Augut 2-9 trip.

By Ken W (kenteck) on Monday, June 02, 2008 - 1:23 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
should make a pipline from here to there, we have to much water here in portland, but what new here, it always rains here

By Aaron Nielsen (lzyboy) on Monday, June 02, 2008 - 1:25 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
J-Rod,

I know they shut down Antlers & turned most of the pit arm into a 5 in late AUG of last year but you are early AUG so should be good to go.

I was @ Hogans for Memorial Day, way down but since the sites are so close to the water you can still leave your boat in & see from Acorn campground. Oak Knoll is a little tougher but it is at the level in June that it was in Sep of last year - not looking good.

http://cdec.water.ca.gov/cgi-progs/reservoirs/RES

By Aaron Nielsen (lzyboy) on Monday, June 02, 2008 - 1:30 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Shasta 71% of average / 62% of Full Cap
Orville 58% of average / 50% of Full Cap
Bullards 91% of average / 78% of Full Cap
Hogans 80% of average / 44% of Full Cap
McClure 64% of average / 44% of Full Cap
Melones 90% of average / 56% if Full Cap
Don Pedro - not listed

By JTW (sangerlover) on Monday, June 02, 2008 - 5:33 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Looks like by the time late summer hits,we will only have the dirty D left for boating.

By Michael ImObersteg (kickflip_mj) on Tuesday, June 03, 2008 - 12:52 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
shasta's alittle low already.. better than last year. i rode up there last weekend and to me it looks like another low year.

By Byron (bkoz) on Tuesday, June 03, 2008 - 6:02 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Yeah unfortunately Shastas way lower than this time last year. We didnt even shore camp for memorial because the lake is too low, had to stay in a camp ground. Its going to be ugly by mid summer if you ask me, havent seen it this low so early since I cant remember when.

By Jesse Lee (ldp_rider) on Monday, June 09, 2008 - 12:30 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I've been up to Lake Don Pedro a few times this year and the water level is as at about typical end of the summer level. Right now it's probably 25' down from the average and about 50' down from full capacity. Just watch out for branches sticking up in the smaller legs and near the shore.

By Ian (family_deckhand) on Monday, June 16, 2008 - 12:52 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Went to New Hogan this weekend. Water levels look like late summer. They are pretty low. Also I have the worst time pulling my boat out of this lake. They have very short docks at the ramp that are solid metal all around. So there is always a little drama especially because it is all shale (sp?) rock on shore. The rock is like rock shark teeth sticking out of the ground. Anyway water was nice and the weather was good. Seems like summer doesn't start in CA till Fathers Day now. Use to have a big day out Memorial Day for the first big outing. Not anymore.

By Byron (bkoz) on Monday, June 16, 2008 - 9:37 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Hey Ian, I had the same problem when I was at Hogan in May, those docks are horrible and waaaay too short, very scetchy.

I was out at Shasta yesterday and it was nice. Water temp around 80 and no debris. The level is low, looks like august allready.

By Ian (family_deckhand) on Monday, June 23, 2008 - 12:03 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Went to Don Pedro this last weekend. Water is way down. Looks lower than I have seen it in august. Water was great and had fun just really low and a long walk to and from the boat. Has anyone been to Lake McClure? How is the shore line there. I thought someone told me it is really rocky. So much so that you take your boat out each night.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions Administration
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
WakeSpace is owned by eWake, Inc.
Copyright © 1996 - 2009, All Rights Reserved.
WakeSpace@WakeWorld.com