tower speakers Log Out | Topics | Search | Register | Edit Profile | User List
Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Moderators | Help/Instructions
WakeWorld Discussion Board » >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive » Archive through February 10, 2003 » tower speakers « Previous Next »
By daniel harmon (ratm3706) on Friday, February 07, 2003 - 5:07 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Where, and how much willl it be to have aluminum rolled into a can, back plate mounted, and a front flange made?? any ideas?

By Jay Rudd (jdr) on Saturday, February 08, 2003 - 3:25 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Look for a sheet metal shop in your area. It will probably be kind of hard and expensive to find someone that would make a small # of them.

By JEFF E (jjeboarder) on Saturday, February 08, 2003 - 7:08 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
I'am building some now and the tubing was $250.00
for 3ft.
They will be 9in. ea. in lenth.
It would be very costly if my brother wasn't building them for me.

By Ken (kschroeder) on Saturday, February 08, 2003 - 4:23 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I looked into this and it isn't a cheap option.. You'd be better off just buying some with speakers in them such as Boss for what it costs to get can's made at a shop.

By Scott Schroeder (buttskimmer) on Sunday, February 09, 2003 - 7:30 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
I am make some more too - I use 6" alum pipe 12" long. Pipe should be cheaper because no labor is involved except for cutting it. I have been using Sony Xplode speakers. You need to find the speakers you want - measure the bolt pattern and then you can buy the pipe or have a can rolled. Remember to allow for the mounting plate.
~S~

By Scott Schroeder (buttskimmer) on Sunday, February 09, 2003 - 7:36 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
What size do you need - how many and what thickness do you want?
~S~

By Scott Schroeder (buttskimmer) on Sunday, February 09, 2003 - 7:49 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
http://www.fishingworks.com/Users/UserFolders/silvtongdvl/PhotoImages/Thumbnails/before%20extra%

By Scott Schroeder (buttskimmer) on Sunday, February 09, 2003 - 8:13 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
http://www.fishingworks.com/Users/UserFolders/silvtongdvl/PhotoImages/Thumbnails/tower%20speakers.jpg

By daniel harmon (ratm3706) on Sunday, February 09, 2003 - 8:16 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Hey, where did you get the aluminum pipe? That looks like it might work, but I would need about 7-7.5in for my idea. I was thinking of taking either a can (rolled or a pipe) then having a back plate welded on and a front flange welded on. Then the rest I can do. Any ideas on this?

By Scott Schroeder (buttskimmer) on Sunday, February 09, 2003 - 5:15 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Thats exactly what I do - I could make them for you. The flange and back plate are welded already. you would have to either let me know how you are planning to mount them so I can add a mount or do that yourself. I can even send them with etching primer on them if you want. I have more pics too. I can e-mail them from work. My work e-mail is listed in the profile. Measure the size of the speaker hole & mounting screw dia. of the speakers you plan to use. Please be advised that larger pipe costs more. I have 5 & 6" pipe in stock. I also have 6",8" and 10" alum tubing in stock. Pipe and tube are common in even sizes.
~S~

By daniel harmon (ratm3706) on Sunday, February 09, 2003 - 8:32 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Ok, here is the deal. I am going to use infinity kappa 2 ways, 62.5. They are 4 bolt hole but I can do that. also the cut out diameter is 5 1/8in. What size tube will accomodate these speakers without the grills hanging off. If you can send me a price for 2 cans with backplates on, front flange on, you do not have to cut the speaker mount holes (I can do that) and I am going to take care of the mounts. so give me a price if you can, thanks alot

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions Administration
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
WakeSpace is owned by eWake, Inc.
Copyright © 1996 - 2008, All Rights Reserved.
WakeSpace@WakeWorld.com