Tower Light Question Log Out | Topics | Search | Register | Edit Profile | User List
Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Moderators | Help/Instructions
WakeWorld Discussion Board » >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive » Archive through February 10, 2003 » Tower Light Question « Previous Next »
By David P (dmpappy) on Friday, February 07, 2003 - 12:50 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Few questions for everyone who has tower lights.

How often do you use them? How are they wired? Do they take a lot of juice when running? Can you keep them on when the boat is shut off between sets? Do you need to upsize your stock alternater?

Thinking about getting some but don't know if they are worth the headaches they may bring.

Thanks.

By Chris Foye (wakejunky) on Friday, February 07, 2003 - 3:09 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
The front facing lights are worthless on the water but, good for putting the boat on the trailer after dark. The rear are fine for riding and such.
Personally, I think people are chargine way too much for their lighting systems. I make my own for about $150. Wired up the lights to a quick disconnect and then ran the wires down the right front tower leg and into the cup holder. Then ran the wires to fully relayed switches. As many times as I've used them, I'd have to say the $150 was worth it to me but, anything else would have been a waste of $$.
They make great bug attractors too.

Chris
Get the grip you deserve
www.wakejunky.com/gatorgrip

also for sale
http://home.surewest.net/cfoye/96SportNautique/96SportNautique.htm

By Craig (mako_man) on Friday, February 07, 2003 - 7:48 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Check out the side lights from Mako. They mount to the side of the tower which allows you to actually get light on the water, instead of just over the bow of the boat.

You can check them out at http://www.mako-ind.com

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions Administration
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
WakeSpace is owned by eWake, Inc.
Copyright © 1996 - 2008, All Rights Reserved.
WakeSpace@WakeWorld.com