Infared remote extender Log Out | Topics | Search | Register | Edit Profile | User List
Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Moderators | Help/Instructions
WakeWorld Discussion Board » >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive » Archive through February 10, 2003 » Infared remote extender « Previous Next »
By Patrick (faceplant409) on Wednesday, February 05, 2003 - 1:48 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I searched, but could not find past posts on IR extenders. I know they exist, are they all custom? I'd like to find one for a new Sony.
Thanks, Pat

By andrew zarlengo (colorider) on Wednesday, February 05, 2003 - 9:00 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Pat, you can turn your remote into a wired remote. Pop open your remote and locate the led transmitter thing that looks like a tiny lightbulb. Clip it off the circuit board. Solder long wire onto the board where the led was. Then solder the led to the end of the wire. Now just epoxy the led somewhere in front of the stereo where it is going to transmit to the reciever. I did it with 2 remotes and it works like a gem.

By andrew zarlengo (colorider) on Wednesday, February 05, 2003 - 9:00 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Or go to www.partsexpress.com and they will hook you up with an i/r extender

By Patrick (faceplant409) on Wednesday, February 05, 2003 - 9:09 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Andrew, I want to keep it wireless. I have a Malibu and the deck is in the arm rest so the deck is hidden from the infared. I need to effectively extend the IR target on the deck to somewhere on the dash.
Pat

By Matt O'Dea (mattman5000) on Thursday, February 06, 2003 - 7:29 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Here is another one. I haven't used it but I've seen posts on here recommending it. I am thinking of getting one, myself.

http://www.go2pac.com/products/irx.htm

By Mark Bellaver (markb) on Thursday, February 06, 2003 - 8:29 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Wish I would have found this out two days ago. It would have saved me 400 buck for a new deck. Thanks for the info.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions Administration
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
WakeSpace is owned by eWake, Inc.
Copyright © 1996 - 2008, All Rights Reserved.
WakeSpace@WakeWorld.com