P.C.M. vs. Mercruiser? Log Out | Topics | Search | Register | Edit Profile | User List
Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Moderators | Help/Instructions
WakeWorld Discussion Board » >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive » Archive through February 10, 2003 » P.C.M. vs. Mercruiser? « Previous Next »
By Rod Hymas (xrated) on Sunday, February 02, 2003 - 9:31 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Apparently now Tige' offers both. I have owned several Mercs, I/O's and inboards and have not had any of the problems some on this board have had but I am open to suggestion. If you all had a choice which would you pick and why?

By Jim Bogden (bog) on Sunday, February 02, 2003 - 4:31 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
i havent had any problems with mine but the stories from others have me thinking PCM next time.

By Alan (tigeal) on Sunday, February 02, 2003 - 5:21 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I have had zero problems with my merc.350 mpi. most if not all the marine engines are based on gm or ford engines to start with and not much diference from merc. to indmar to pcm etc.
just my 2 cents.

By Grant (mtbmudmachine) on Sunday, February 02, 2003 - 8:34 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Alan: 2nd that

By Matt Dettman (matt_dettman) on Sunday, February 02, 2003 - 8:57 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
It's no secret that there have been Merc problems. It's also no secret that the problems are behind us! Boat owners remember the difficulty they had getting the problems resolved, not the actual problems.

Find a good service department and bring them donuts.....

Matt

By Bryce (sandman) on Monday, February 03, 2003 - 1:43 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I'm curious if anyone has asked Tige, why they added P.C.M to their lineup after using only Mercruiser for so many years????

By Lee Tudor (leetudor) on Monday, February 03, 2003 - 2:04 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
More horsepower from PCM than the Mercruiser inboard engines.

By Matt Wilson (tarbabi) on Tuesday, February 04, 2003 - 8:29 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Have you ever tried find and authorized PCM service dealer? I bet you can find a Mercury dealer!!

By grady (pimpdaddygrady) on Tuesday, February 04, 2003 - 1:42 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
we had a merc 3.0 in our old sea ray and it wont worth a u know wut...head gasket blew...got it fixed supposedly...head gasket blew again...got it fixed again...and for a third time well u get the idea. have an indmar now n our launch and have absolutely no problems w/ it.

By Bob (bob) on Tuesday, February 04, 2003 - 5:49 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
come on grady do you think that applies to all merc 3.0 engines(sounds like the mechanic didnt know his donkey from a hole)? Id be willing to bet there are way more merc engines then pcm and indmar put together so of course your going to here of more problems from mercs. Think of the r&d that has been accomplished due to the expanse of applications of the merc engines. Im not in any way putting down pcm or indmar but i know where i live there are 10 times the number of authorized merc mechs as indmar. This doesnt matter though if you work on your own stuff....till it come time to plug that ecm into the tester, may seem trivial if you dont have many problems BUT the problem is still there.
I like Lee's reason, more HP

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions Administration
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
WakeSpace is owned by eWake, Inc.
Copyright © 1996 - 2008, All Rights Reserved.
WakeSpace@WakeWorld.com